Guess the spot

LOL You're very close, compadre, but I need the airport name. Yes, it is the Maroon Formation...

Oh... if I just follow you around enough (here) picking up your scattered bread crumbs I can eventually identify it as Glenwood Springs Municipal airport.

Artemus, is that Resurrection Bay near Seward, Alaska by chance? Personally I was around there hiking and camping last summer.

And then near Seward is the fabulous Kenai Fjords NP.

Artemus, is that Resurrection Bay near Seward, Alaska by chance? Personally I was around there hiking and camping last summer.

And then near Seward is the fabulous Kenai Fjords NP.

Right on all counts KmartJhighway! (just teasing you about your screen name) We rented that great place right on the water and the next day had one of the most fabulous boat tours I have ever been on in the KFNP. Whales breaching, porpoises in our bow waves, flocks of puffins with beaks too full of fish to even take off from the water. Ecstasy. It was August 2005.

p471209896-4.jpg

What is the name of the peak and area?

And Artemis, I also took the boat tour out into Kenai Fjords NP. It was fabulous! Just like Alaska always is. Also saw both Humpback Whales and Orcas, tons of Puffins, my lifer Thick-billed Murre, and so much more. While in the area hiked up to Exit Glacier and the Harding Icefield ... Fabulous!!! Last summer was my 5th summer in a row up in Alaska. Love Alaska!!!

Last edited:
p471209896-4.jpg

What is the name of the peak and area?

And Artemis, I also took the boat tour out into Kenai Fjords NP. It was fabulous! Just like Alaska always is. Also saw both Humpback Whales and Orcas, tons of Puffins, my lifer Thick-billed Murre, and so much more. While in the area hiked up to Exit Glacier and the Harding Icefield ... Fabulous!!! Last summer was my 5th summer in a row up in Alaska. Love Alaska!!!
Mt Redoubt cook Inlet AK

Bob, Sorry ... No this isn't the right peak or area.

Couple of hints for and by the photo and personally I just Love Love this Area! It is one of my most favorite areas in all of Alaska! I have been by here 4 times in the last 5 years and twice have had the privilege, the profound privilege of seeing this enormous peak and mountain range under rare clear skies. This photo was taken in early to mid August of 2013.

1. It is along the coast. And this area is famous for it huge amounts of precipitation (rain and snow) every year.
2. Now in the photo between the ocean and the peak is a huge huge glacier and icefield. If one looks closely, they can see some trees growing right on the edge between the water and the ice, they look small in comparison to everything.
3. The area near, around, and beyond the peak is in some huge protected parks and preserves.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

Outdoor_Fool, Nope but sorta closeby ... near that part of the country. Now Mt. Fairweather is also a great peak and area. Great looking up at Mt. Fairweather from Glacier Bay NP and the Alaskan Ferry. Have seen this peak also several ties from rare nice clear sunny skies.

This above was before you corrected your post. Yes Mt. Saint Elias is Correct!

Last edited:
Outdoor_Fool .... Correct .... Mt. Saint Elias is It!. Now it is your turn.

Mount Saint Elias is at 18,008 feet and in the St. Elias Range, and right outside small Yakutat, Alaska. Here Mt. Saint Elias sits on the border between US and Canada with the huge Wrangell St. Elias Park and Preserve on one side and Kluane NP on the other. Love it in here and viewing this Awesome St. Elias Range and everything. The glacier and icefield at it's base is the Malaspina Glacier and it is huge. And the Malaspina Glacier is the largest piedmont glacier in the world. Mt. Saint Elias is the 4th highest peak in North America.

Last edited:
Outdoor_Fool .... Correct .... Mt. Saint Elias is It!. Now it is your turn.

Mount Saint Elias is at 18,008 feet and in the St. Elias Range, and right outside small Yakutat, Alaska. Here Mt. Saint Elias sits on the border between US and Canada with the huge Wrangell St. Elias Park and Preserve on one side and Kluane NP on the other. Love it in here and viewing this Awesome St. Elias Range and everything. The glacier and icefield at it's base is the Malaspina Glacier and it is huge. And the Malaspina Glacier is the largest piedmont glacier in the world. Mt. Saint Elias is the 4th highest peak in North America.
Wild. Mt. St. Elias! I have seen it from the north and from a long ways away. I had no idea it was such a proud peak.

looking up towards mount brown glacier national park?