Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Ok. Wow. I was kind of kidding but @regehr's comment got me thinking maybe it was that simple. This is also pretty simple... taken in Dec 2020.
Next UP.png

IMG_0172.jpeg

This is the access to a famous quarry where a very famous dino was first found and which later served as the model for an even more famous movie. The dino was supposed to be named after the director of that movie for making a donation to the Utah paleontology dept. but since an amount couldn't be agreed on, that fell through. Name the quarry, the dino, and the movie. There is more significance here at the state level for extra credit. :)

Last edited:
I'm not going to have Internet for a few days, so someone else take it away. (The above is the Dalton Wells Quarry near Moab, the Dino is the Utahraptor, and the movie is of course Jurassic Park. It's the site of the new Utah state park.)

I'm not going to have Internet for a few days, so someone else take it away. (The above is the Dalton Wells Quarry near Moab, the Dino is the Utahraptor, and the movie is of course Jurassic Park. It's the site of the new Utah state park.)
Dang.... I was actually going to guess that. Seriously. Oh well, trust my instincts next time.

Ok, where is this tricky portion of a 4wd road? This is a hard left that you must make and due to the rock you can see, well it can be hard in that sense too.
Next One.png

Last edited:
I think it's in the Needles Dist but I can't remember which one....Horse? I remember walking a closed jeep trail with a low passage for the jeeps. Pretty sure Randy squeezed beneath it.

I think it's in the Needles Dist but I can't remember which one....Horse? I remember walking a closed jeep trail with a low passage for the jeeps. Pretty sure Randy squeezed beneath it.
You are correct. It isn't hard to squeeze underneath the overhang with a vehicle like a Jeep or Xterra, what is harder is the left turn since there is a good sized rock somewhat buried in deep-ish sand on your left that you have to navigate over as you bear hard left to make the necessary turn.
Your turn @John Morrow

Back