Guess the spot: Maps Edition

Haha! A satellite is basically like a really, really high drone... err quadcopter! I like it!

some body tell me what the order of magnitude difference is between the satellite and the drone. still looks more like a photo than a map to me.

It is not a drone. It is a semi-autonomous, gps-stabilized, flying camera platform. The moniker drone is so badly considered as of late. I recognize that my submission pushed the categorical limits of what has been done before. As all pioneers I risked disrupting the status quo, upsetting the apple cart, offending all those used to the historical perspective. That said, it was fun! :rolleyes:

I decided it could go in either thread and basically I couldn't win the other one. I apologize.

Heck yes! Kelso Dunes in Mojave National Preserve - you are up Benito.

I.e. Devils Playground :scatman:

Just giving you a hard time. Liked the idea of a drone video.
I don't know where your map snippet came from. The feature is called Kelso Dunes on the USGS quad AFAIK. Famous as the Booming Dunes.

AHHH Erik! I zoomed out a little now and found that you were right, the whole area is called the Devil's Playground. My apologies. I never knew that. The section I flew over in my vid is called the Kelso Dunes - been there several times and on top and always called it that. You should have won.
Region capture 1.png

Reactions: Ben
ha ....... Art it's still a :stomp: drone ...... Did you go dark and buy one to bug all of us?

it's not in the lower 48 if that's a helpful start.
upload_2016-2-4_13-11-49-png.39813

Looking down at Granite Peak with Sky Top and Granite glaciers with Lowary Lake

Back