Album Fall Colors 2016

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Dan_85

It must be almost time for this right?! I loved last year's album. If you guys don't mind I'd like to make the first contribution for 2016...

Last week I did a 65 mile solo hike inside the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland (any interest in a trip report?), where fall arrives early and finishes early. Up there the colors start showing at the start of September and are generally done within 3 weeks. By the end of the month the snow is falling and it doesn't really stop until May. The first 2 days I spent hiking along the floor of this valley, I really loved the contrast between the golden birches and the aquamarine glacial meltwater in the river...

DSC08440.jpg

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Nick

Spiral out.
Wow! The color of the river in that really makes it extra cool. Thanks for starting the thread this year.

LarryBoy

Hiker Trash
It must be almost time for this right?! I loved last year's album. If you guys don't mind I'd like to make the first contribution for 2016...

Last week I did a 65 mile solo hike inside the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland (any interest in a trip report?), where fall arrives early and finishes early. Up there the colors start showing at the start of September and are generally done within 3 weeks. By the end of the month the snow is falling and it doesn't really stop until May. The first 2 days I spent hiking along the floor of this valley, I really loved the contrast between the golden birches and the aquamarine glacial meltwater in the river...

View attachment 48291
Trip report, please and thank you!

WasatchWill

Ready For More
I was going to post a few more, but I figure I'll just write up a short TR from a little hike we did on Monday above Provo. In the mean time, here's a few select shots...

upload_2016-9-21_6-27-54.png

upload_2016-9-21_6-31-46.png

upload_2016-9-21_6-36-46.png

Laura

freespirittraveler

Last week I did a 65 mile solo hike inside the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland (any interest in a trip report?),

View attachment 48291
YES! I would love a trip report. I don't think I have ever read a trip report from inside the Arctic Circle, so I hope you will post one, with lots of pics. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wanderlust073 Photography 68
IntrepidXJ Photography 31
Vegan.Hiker Hiking & Camping 9
pixie1339 Trip Planning 23
Tres Westbrook Everything Else 11