Album Campsites

I finally went out and camped in the Southwest Desert of Zion. Site 2 definitely has some good views

i-zXzKtrp-XL.jpg

Early Winter and Spring Winter camping is best on slickrock or snow.

Friday night under the moon. (apparently with Thing T. Thing for company)
IMG_8627.jpg

Same temps and same frozen water bottles, but no snow, real early this past winter.
RCM00730-11-2020-201121-248.jpg

Early Winter and Spring Winter camping is best on slickrock or snow.

Friday night under the moon. (apparently with Thing T. Thing for company)
View attachment 98000

Same temps and same frozen water bottles, but no snow, real early this past winter.
View attachment 98001
I had to look Thing T. Thing up. Then I cracked up. I just remember it as the Thing, but Thing T. Thing is indeed its full name.

A great spot. When it's not windy! Jealous as our (formerly) annual fall desert trip looks unlikely due to the border being closed to us until Nov 8.
Sorry, Steve, I was hoping they were opening the border soon, so you could go this year.

Actually a local stopped by Saturday to tell us about a couple that went over the rim in a tent, when the wind suddenly picked up at night. She just wanted to warn us….. more stuff happened on that rim. She was happy to see we had the tent staked and tied down well and wished us a good nights sleep…... Forecast was wind-still, but cold. We just relaxed Friday afternoon and all of Saturday, fabulous views! Then at 5 am Sunday morning the wind did pick up, what the heck…..! The wind kept building and let’s say it was “interesting“ Sunday morning packing up the tent on the rim! Then yesterday it was super windy on Cedar Mesa, but we should be good for 6-7 days now.