Album Byways & Backways

OMG @Rockskipper That sign is so close to the Fenn treasure!

I know you realize I've figured out where it is and are trying to divert me with all these false clues and such. I'm no fool, O'Fool. BTW, do you think the blaze could be the Devil's Slide? That occurred to me as I drove by it today.

At all cost, stay away from the Devil's Slide. It's an extremely dangerous area. Even the pine squirrels are lethal around there. Legend has it that marmots have killed hundreds of humans there.

Kind of like that bag game @Artemus played, eh? Very dangerous.

Now I'm thinking it's NOT there or you wouldn't be trying to warn me off and make me thereby think it is. Yes, disingenious minds think like that. :uhhuh:

I’m not sure what either of those are - more nefarious bogus treasure hints, I suspect.

I’m a movie illiterate. I swore off them after seeing Old Yeller as a kid. Or was it The Boggy Creek Monster? Maybe it was Groundhog Day...over and over... well, this thread has been thoroughly hijacked. :smilecoffee:

Last edited:
OMG, the Legend of Boggy Creek, That movie scared the cr** out of me as a 9 or 10 year old. Too funny, it seems so cheesy now.

OMG, the Legend of Boggy Creek, That movie scared the cr** out of me as a 9 or 10 year old. Too funny, it seems so cheesy now.
Yeah, my younger brother saw a Bigfoot out of his bedroom window. We were all scared cr**less. It was only years later he admitted he'd just watched that movie and maybe just saw the shadow of one or something.

From sunset tonight. Should have gone out earlier, the light went bad just after I took this panorama.

121319-1-X3.jpg

Teton Canyon.

Teton Canyon.jpg

The Washakie Needles and Absaroka from US 287 above Diversion Dam.

Diversion Dam absaroka.jpg

One of my favorite highways anywhere, Colorado State Highway 69.

Huerfano 69.jpg

Yellowstone Road, Huerfano County, CO

Attachments

• Yellowstone Road.jpg
    Yellowstone Road.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 9
Two nights ago we were camped on a nice rim in The Swell. Later that evening somebody set up down the rim from us and when they drove away the next morning, I noticed the blue Tacoma… and said to Rick, “Steve has a set up like that, I love it”!

An hour later we drive by a site and I immediately recognized @SteveR ’s wife from the many desert TR! It turns out we had been camped next to each other all night :cool:

Here’s their great set-up on a backroad
IMG_2149.jpeg

Hopefully this will work … driving out from the Nome Creek Campground in the White Mountains, Alaska, July 2023. In our son’s Ford Bronco.

Back