Adirondack Winter Hike (old)

Awesome. I was up on Gothics 2 years ago in the summer but couldn’t see a thing cause I was socked in with clouds. Did you descend down the rope? That must have been spicy in the snow.

Awesome. I was up on Gothics 2 years ago in the summer but couldn’t see a thing cause I was socked in with clouds. Did you descend down the rope? That must have been spicy in the snow.
We had great weather for the day ... no rope to use, it was buried in the snow. We climbed up & over Pyramid to Gothics and then followed the spine of snow towards Marshall, descending down the trail that ends at Beaver Falls (I think that's the name). The ladder by the falls was really dicey, ice covered & very slippery. This is my only one winter high peak.

We had great weather for the day ... no rope to use, it was buried in the snow. We climbed up & over Pyramid to Gothics and then followed the spine of snow towards Marshall, descending down the trail that ends at Beaver Falls (I think that's the name). The ladder by the falls was really dicey, ice covered & very slippery. This is my only one winter high peak.

Good call on not going down the route where the rope is in the snow. I definitely wouldn’t advise someone to try that. I approached from Armstrong Mountain and descended the rope down towards Saddleback. Thanks for the great pics.

Back