2nd Solo - Trinity Alps Wilderness - Wildflower Madness!

Sounds like a great plan to me! Sierra permits for the PCT/JMT corridor are pretty tough to get unless you've got the PCTA permit so you could potentially have to skip some sections, but as long as you stay legal, more power to you. :)

Yeah that is a really tough area, even just to get regular backpacking permits for a couple overnights! haha. I actually have struggled with Lassen NP too, sooo....I will just keep making back up plans and plan to also rollll with it.
Yosemite stayed open for PCT hikers with a "valid permit" so not sure what they will do this upcoming year. So many factors!
Haha I wanted to go visit yesterday, but their new system is reservations which you can make...on the first of the month and/or then you can check for cancellations daily.

Beautiful photos - I especially love the flowers and lake reflections! Hope your foot feels better soon. :)

Beautiful photos - I especially love the flowers and lake reflections! Hope your foot feels better soon. :)

Thank you! I think if I rested it and stopped working 6 days a week and hiking on the 7th day, it might be in better shape haha!
Gonna take a couple weeks off hiking and keep it rested. :)

Cannot say more than has been said. Good to get out even with the ankle, and taking some really good photos.

Is that a Peak Design strap clip? do you like it?

I was close last year to getting a camera, had the a6500 ordered even, but canceled it before it shipped. So naturally I have been looking at the a6600... but I decided to do a few other purchases and go on more trips instead of pulling the trigger on a camera. I also took my friend's A7 out for a few test spins before deciding a full frame just was not for me.
So basically that just leaves me envious of the 6600 :lol:

Cannot say more than has been said. Good to get out even with the ankle, and taking some really good photos.

Is that a Peak Design strap clip? do you like it?

I was close last year to getting a camera, had the a6500 ordered even, but canceled it before it shipped. So naturally I have been looking at the a6600... but I decided to do a few other purchases and go on more trips instead of pulling the trigger on a camera. I also took my friend's A7 out for a few test spins before deciding a full frame just was not for me.
So basically that just leaves me envious of the 6600 :lol:

Oh yes, it is the Peak clip! Good eye haha. So...having my camera hang around my neck never bothered me, except maybe when I first started hiking. Over time my neck built up a tolerance.
I have used the clip quite a bit already and I think I like it...? I am unsure haha
Pros:
Stable, my camera doesn't jiggle or hit me when I walk
Nice to have my camera up high when I am climbing over things or crossing streams. If it hangs around my neck, I always hold it close to my body, so am down the balance and support of an extra arm.
Cons:
Sometimes it sticks
Faster to take photos if camera is around my neck
It is super annoying putting my pack on with my camera attached.

I think it is worth trying if having your camera around your neck bothers you. I still keep my strap loosely around my neck in case the clip ever breaks. Also, I have never tried it with my 4lb Telephoto attached, so not sure how it does with weight.

I saved for the last...2 years, maybe more to finally upgrade my camera. Just kept putting a little $$ aside. I actually ordered the a6500 right before the a6600 (not knowing it was coming out). I had heard that the a6500 had bad battery life, but thought it would be fine. It was awful! I found out about the a6600 and managed to return the a6500 on the last day of my 60 day return window! Haha B&H is awesome!

Switching from Canon, there are really only a few things I prefer with Canon. I think if you want to get one in the future, it is a really great camera and I love it!

I think it is worth trying if having your camera around your neck bothers you. I still keep my strap loosely around my neck in case the clip ever breaks. Also, I have never tried it with my 4lb Telephoto attached, so not sure how it does with weight.

Well 4lbs... that would almost counteract the weight on your back! Just on one shoulder.

I think I (technically my wife) may do a MYOG version of a camera pouch that I saw, because I do hate having it just on one shoulder, or sometimes in the backpack. Maybe someday that will hold an a6600. I just need to wait until the COVID canceled events start back up, so I can earn spending cash. If my wife says no to the sewing, I may get the clip. It's all just $$$.

Beautiful shots.
Sorry about your foot.

Well 4lbs... that would almost counteract the weight on your back! Just on one shoulder.

I think I (technically my wife) may do a MYOG version of a camera pouch that I saw, because I do hate having it just on one shoulder, or sometimes in the backpack. Maybe someday that will hold an a6600. I just need to wait until the COVID canceled events start back up, so I can earn spending cash. If my wife says no to the sewing, I may get the clip. It's all just $$$.

If you're not precious about the ethics involved, you can find generic Chinese knock-offs of the Capture One clip on eBay for about 1/3 the price of the original. They're usually sold as "quick release camera clip" or similar. I've thru-hiked the PCT, CDT and a bunch of other trails with mine and had no problems at all.

You have my vote as "best dressed" on the trail. That photo of you frowning with the flask is priceless.

Great pix overall and excellent decision-making. Thanks for the TR.

@Dan_85 has a good recommendation! Or maybe even purchase it from REI, that way you at least know you can return it if you don't LOVE it or think it is worth the $$$. If your wife can sew though, that would be neat. Maybe you guys invent something that everyone NEEDS to hold their camera! haha

You have my vote as "best dressed" on the trail. That photo of you frowning with the flask is priceless.

Great pix overall and excellent decision-making. Thanks for the TR.

Thank you! It is actually really hard to find hiking dresses with long sleeves. If only I knew how to sew! :)