2001: A Space Odyssey in Utah

There are already about a dozen photographers there.

920fbebed43b4ae796e0e6fb9d98ee71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of like it. It is beautifully placed, the scale of it is just right, not too big.

I do think he should pay to have it removed now that it is getting damaged.
He had his fun, it had the impact he wanted.
Other artists have done similar things, most on a much bigger scale re: the Spiral Jetty.

Right? They should see the work we all do over in the Guess the Spot threads. Looks we've got some prime candidates for NSA employment here.
but for real, I've followed some of the detective work that people do regarding authenticating random photos from around the world with respect to a particular place and time and it is just incredible and valuable. not sure if Dennis can quit his day job yet though :)

Couple other tidbits that I'm not sure have been posted yet...

1) The original photos and videos from the DPS crew
2) BLM confirmed that they are conducting an investigation. Also, they claim jurisdiction over aliens. Bold strategy, Cotton.

"Although we can't comment on active investigations, we would like to remind public land visitors that using, occupying, or developing the public lands or their resources without a required authorization is illegal, no matter what planet you are from."

I do think he should pay to have it removed now that it is getting damaged.
He had his fun, it had the impact he wanted.
Other artists have done similar things, most on a much bigger scale re: the Spiral Jetty.
Spiral jetty is graffiti as well......