Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hey all, I'm Mark from Draper, UT. Got the heads up from Bill Church and happy to join a good forum. Currently working as the photo editor at the Daily Herald in Provo, and hoping to get in more weekend trips around Utah with my fiance now that I've got my weekends back!

Hey there, I'm Britnee and currently living in Draper, UT, with the guy above me (Mark). I work in downtown Salt Lake City as a communication coordinator at a public relations agency. Last year is when I got really excited to explore our beautiful state and making an effort to be outdoors more frequently. Here's to hoping 2012 will bring many more outdoor adventures to us all!

Hi everyone,

I'm Lisa Kelly from Draper, UT. I work in the Payroll Department at Coca-Cola. I was born and raised in Utah, and feel very lucky to live in a state with some of the most beautiful and diverse landscapes anywhere. I love to camp and hike both in the mountains and the deserts. I plan to add backpacking to the list this year. I have one son who's 13 going on 21. He got BIG this year. I have four adorable cats that are like children to me, and I'm engaged to an awesome guy named Rick, who unfortunately doesn't share my passion for hiking. Most of my friends that do like the outdoors would consider 3 miles to be a long hike, so I spend a lot of time hiking solo. This is a good group of people, and I would really enjoy the company of some fellow outdoorsy folks, so if anyone is looking for a hiking buddy, hit me up sometime. I also want to say thanks to Nick for creating this site! One good outdoor forum just isn't enough, and I'm sure that this one will be awesome.:)

"Desperately Seeking Sandstone" - I love it!

Hey Newbie here from the Midwest. I get out when I can, but I'm married to a lovely lady and father of three, so I don't get out as often as I'd like.
I'm primarily a backpacker, but I mess around with kayaking to. My three boys are just now getting old enough to come out with me from time to time.

Hello to all...I am a newcomer to the site. I am totally psyched to have found a forum like this. I have spent a lot of time in the four corners region and particularly in the backcountry of Canyonlands. Thanks to Nick for this site...glad to see there are others out there who think about spending time in the backcountry. I am also interested in Pariah Canyon...have never been there but would like to get there eventually.

I'm Federica Grassi, I live in Italy (Cannobio, Lake Maggiore). I love the desert and I've visited the Southwest ten times, I just can't get enough of it.
Too bad that there are 16 hours of flight.
Thanks to you all for posting your hikes, they are a source of inspiration for my next trips.

Hey there! I live at the beach in Florida but half my heart is in the canyons. My local friends aren't into the outdoors as much as I am so I'm always looking for new people to connect up with on my Western adventures. Don't be surprised if you see me in here trying to rally total strangers for canyon or mountain trips!

Hello, my name is Donnie. I am from Salt Lake and currently live in Eagle Mtn. I enjoy hiking, camping and backpacking with friends. Although I am still a little green with backpacking I am eager for spring to get here so I can get some miles under my belt. I have been lurking on this site for the last 5 months or so and I love what Nick has done to the site. I love to hike and camp in the Uintas and southern Utah, but my favorite is Yellowstone.

Hello, my name is Donnie. I am from Salt Lake and currently live in Eagle Mtn. I enjoy hiking, camping and backpacking with friends. Although I am still a little green with backpacking I am eager for spring to get here so I can get some miles under my belt. I have been lurking on this site for the last 5 months or so and I love what Nick has done to the site. I love to hike and camp in the Uintas and southern Utah, but my favorite is Yellowstone.

What have you backpacked in Yellowstone? I was thinking about hitting it last year didn't make it. Gotta admit, the bears kinda freak me out. :eek:

We sure did. I ran Ragnar with your wife a few years ago, too. I think I've even been half-drunk in your backyard.

Are you going to run The Dirty Dash again this year? I'm thinking about it, but $45 (plus the cost of replacement shoes) seems awfully steep for a 5.5 miler.

Dude, I wasn't in the best shape during our dirty dash race and I'm in worse shape now, so no way I'm running it this year. I'm just hoping to survive the SLC 5k!

Hi Everyone! This is Paul from the bustling metropolis of Felton California. I see some familiar folks over here, but some new names and faces which is always nice. I love most outdoors things like hiking, backpacking, canyoneering, skiing, and trail running. Currently I'm fixated on an upcoming Grand Canyon rafting trip in March.

Uintahiker here. I'm on a few other forums as well, but yeah. Looking for something not so charged and irrational. ;)
I'm into hiking, fishing, caving, canoeing, rockhounding, camping, slot canyons, anything outside, and basically looking for places that are definitely unknown to tourists and generally off the radar of locals too. I enjoy a good backpacking trip as well, but it's harder now that I've got 2 little hiking buddies.

Live in Oh-Kaysville after being in Northern Colorado for 2-3 years.

My favorite spots are the Wind Rivers and Southern Utah. Uintas are good too. Still need to spend some time on Boulder Mountain.

On my to-do list: catch a golden trout, build a cedar strip canoe, find the Dollhouse Ruin.

I'm Lauralee, I've lived in Utah my entire life, and after exploring the outdoors on my own, I've discovered how much I love living here. I'm quite a fan of hiking and snowshoeing as it's a big stress reliever for me. I attempt to ski, although I'm still improving my technique. Once I do that I would love to get into some back-country skiing. I've did one over nighter when I was 14, but that's the only experience I have in backpacking. I plan on adding backpacking to my loves this year, and slowly start investing in quality gear (quality being built well and decent price). So I might be coming on here to get people's opinions on what gear they might recommend. I started reading this blog in November and it's only enticed me to get out backpacking more. I'm hopefully starting out this spring in southern utah.

Greeting, all. New guy here. I am Ranger Joe, Defender of Bunnies...remember, kiddies, "Feed the rangers, not the wildlife." I was a seasonal park ranger at Shenandoah NP in Virginia in the mid-90s and currently work as a photo lab manager on the east side of Cleveland. I ran across the Backcountry blog while researching the Maze District of Canyonlands NP, eventually found it on Facebook, and now I'm an official forumlurker. I'll see if I can post some of the images from our Great Western Expedition of 2011 on here in the near future.

Greeting, all. New guy here. I am Ranger Joe, Defender of Bunnies...remember, kiddies, "Feed the rangers, not the wildlife." I was a seasonal park ranger at Shenandoah NP in Virginia in the mid-90s and currently work as a photo lab manager on the east side of Cleveland. I ran across the Backcountry blog while researching the Maze District of Canyonlands NP, eventually found it on Facebook, and now I'm an official forumlurker. I'll see if I can post some of the images from our Great Western Expedition of 2011 on here in the near future.
Welcome Ranger Joe !

I'm Philippe from France (subburbs of Paris), please excuse my poor English.

I am a big fan of the Southwest (especially Utah and Arizona) where I have done at least a vacation trip every year since 1998. I love to hike off the beaten places (sometimes with American friends) and I am also found of Indian ruins and rockart.

I have a modest website with some pictures (that I haven’t updated since a while) : www.phschuler.com

I appreciated a lot this blog for its interesting reports from Nick (very pleasant to read and with so many superb pictures), and now I do also appreciate its forum with all the nice reports and usefull advices from other members (that maybe I will meet by chance on some trails).

Philippe

I'm Philippe from France (subburbs of Paris), please excuse my poor English.

I am a big fan of the Southwest (especially Utah and Arizona) where I have done at least a vacation trip every year since 1998. I love to hike off the beaten places (sometimes with American friends) and I am also found of Indian ruins and rockart.

I have a modest website with some pictures (that I haven’t updated since a while) : www.phschuler.com

I appreciated a lot this blog for its interesting reports from Nick (very pleasant to read and with so many superb pictures), and now I do also appreciate its forum with all the nice reports and usefull advices from other members (that maybe I will meet by chance on some trails).

Philippe
Welcome... You were not by chance camping in Capitol Reef last August? (if so and you left your Journal there do you want it back ?) Oh yes your English is unfortunately better than a lot of people whose first language is supposed to be English o_O