Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

blueeyes

ephemeral excursionist
Note from BCP admin: This thread is our original introductions thread. Since then, we've started a sub-forum where you can post your own introduction thread. However if you'd like, you're still welcome to post here. Welcome to BCP!

I have been lurking for awhile now (exactly 3 min) thought I would introduce myself...J/K

Cool NICK!! Excited to see Summit's trip reports again.

Just thought I would tell you I love the banner on the front page. You should add that to the forum at the top. Such gorgeous pictures give the forum some color... other than that looks great!

I have been lurking for awhile now (exactly 3 min) thought I would introduce myself...J/K

haha, man I hope this place inspires me to catch up.
Been pretty busy with the new baby and work as of late and still have 3 or 4 I still need to write up :)

I just discovered this site and thought I'd post a bacon recipe. Because everyone loves bacon, right? HAHA! My name is Alison and I need another site to stalk because I certainly don't have enough going on already. Great site Nick! User friendly. ;)

Hi. I'm Kris. I used to be fairly active on UUtah before it turned into Bogley. Since then I've had two babies, well my wife has had two babies, and I've been incredibly lazy. I'm hoping to actually go outside this year. I'm planning a Moab trip for mid-to-late February, and hopefully another trip to the Four Corners area around Memorial Day. In the meantime, there are a few peaks in the Wasatch that I haven't visited in a looong time, so I'm hoping to knock a few of them off the list.

Great to have you here, Kris. I don't have any kids but when we bought a house and got a couple of puppies, my outdoor time took a nose dive. In 2010 I realized my life was passing by without me and so I've been pretty obsessed with getting out a lot since.

Here's my noob intro:

I'm Nick. I started Backcountrypost back in 2007 as a blog and am really stoked to be transforming it into this forum. I have 80+ trip reports posted on the main page of www.backcountrypost.com if you want to see what I do. My big thing is backpacking but I really, really want to start floating some rivers.

I've been reading Nick's posts and admiring his photos for a few weeks and am glad that he has started a forum for the rest of us to share our trips and pictures.

I'm possibly the oldest member of the forum -- going to reach the fabled three score an ten in a couple of months. Here's my mini-resume:

Retired, formerly worked at Los Alamos National Lab as a software developer.
Former ultra runner, finished Leadville 100 mile trail run in '97.
Wannabe landscape photographer, doesn't everybody?
Hiker, frequenter of lonely places at the end of the road.

Advice to the youngsters: Use it while it's still there.

Happy to be a part of this forum and looking forward to reading about your adventures!

John

Congrats on finishing Leadville! Competing in a 100-miler is one of my goals. I was training for my first 50-miler back in 2007 when I blew out my knee skiing. I'm just getting back into running again, so I'm keeping my goals realistic, but I'm hoping to get back into the ultra scene at some point.

Seems like this is shaping up to be the place to be.

My name is Austin, I moved to Utah from Montana almost 5 years ago and I still feel like I'm on Mars every time I visit Southern Utah. I'm big into hiking, backpacking and photography. One of my backpacking partners moved to North Dakota to work on an oil rig and my main backpacking partner is preggo with our first child. So, I'm hoping to find some new partners and tag along on a couple trips this year.

I've been reading Nick's posts and admiring his photos for a few weeks and am glad that he has started a forum for the rest of us to share our trips and pictures.

I'm possibly the oldest member of the forum -- going to reach the fabled three score an ten in a couple of months. Here's my mini-resume:

Retired, formerly worked at Los Alamos National Lab as a software developer.
Former ultra runner, finished Leadville 100 mile trail run in '97.
Wannabe landscape photographer, doesn't everybody?
Hiker, frequenter of lonely places at the end of the road.

Advice to the youngsters: Use it while it's still there.

Happy to be a part of this forum and looking forward to reading about your adventures!

John

Great to have you, Ron! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. And great advice for us youngsters!

My name is Austin, I moved to Utah from Montana almost 5 years ago and I still feel like I'm on Mars every time I visit Southern Utah. I'm big into hiking, backpacking and photography. One of my backpacking partners moved to North Dakota to work on an oil rig and my main backpacking partner is preggo with our first child. So, I'm hoping to find some new partners and tag along on a couple trips this year.

Hey, Austin! Thanks for signing up. We should absolutely plan a trip this spring!

Just thought I would tell you I love the banner on the front page. You should add that to the forum at the top. Such gorgeous pictures give the forum some color... other than that looks great!

Definitely something I would like to do. I will be working on visual upgrades to the site once I get all the other things worked out. Thanks.

I'm Justin. Born and raised Utahn, currently in Clinton, UT. I like long walks on the beach....backpacking/hiking, fishing(especially fly fishing), photography, and pretty much anything else in the outdoors. Really enjoy your TR's Nick.

I'm Justin. Born and raised Utahn, currently in Clinton, UT. I like long walks on the beach....backpacking/hiking, fishing(especially fly fishing), photography, and pretty much anything else in the outdoors. Really enjoy your TR's Nick.

You've been killing it on the fly fishing. Makes me think I need to get out and do more of that. Oh wait... I can't walk. :mad:

You've been killing it on the fly fishing. Makes me think I need to get out and do more of that. Oh wait... I can't walk. :mad:

I really enjoy fly fishing in the winter because I usually have the river to myself. That sucks about your ankle. I had a really bad ankle strain when I was playing football at Utah State University and it took about 3 weeks before I was back jogging on it and that was with the daily treatment that was available to me at the time. Anytime you want to hit the water(when your ankle gets better) let me know.