Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

So I was chatting with my favorite rapist, Kobe Bryant, and he said to me, "yo Ty, have you heard of that new new form that nick created on backcountrypost.com?? You should check it out. You would really like it". So here I am. I used to visit uutah/bogley back in the day, but then I got a pretty real job that demanded all kinds of work and less time reading forums; can you believe I had to actually work?? I don't know if I'll be posting much, but I'll do anything to help Nick get this site going. Always admired your photos and hopefully I can get out to a trip with you and Bill sometime.

I really enjoy fly fishing in the winter because I usually have the river to myself. That sucks about your ankle. I had a really bad ankle strain when I was playing football at Utah State University and it took about 3 weeks before I was back jogging on it and that was with the daily treatment that was available to me at the time. Anytime you want to hit the water(when your ankle gets better) let me know.
Sweet!! We've got a football player on board (even if he was an Aggie). Maybe we can have some discussions come this fall. I love football, I've coached it for 15 years, played it forever, just love it. The only downside is that it's during prime outdoor season (late summer/fall). I almost can't wait until my son is done playing so I can have a fall to ding around outdoors.

Sweet!! We've got a football player on board (even if he was an Aggie). Maybe we can have some discussions come this fall. I love football, I've coached it for 15 years, played it forever, just love it. The only downside is that it's during prime outdoor season (late summer/fall). I almost can't wait until my son is done playing so I can have a fall to ding around outdoors.

Yep, I remember those days of having no time in the fall to do anything but football. I'm always up for talking football, especially college ball. I'll pretend I didn't see that "even if he was and Aggie" remark...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I have been drooling over the TR's on Nick's site all year, it is a nice break from cubicle land when I should be getting other things done. I am an avid backcountry skier, former River guide and all around outdoor lover. Great place to meet other likeminded weekend warriors living the dream

I have been drooling over the TR's on Nick's site all year, it is a nice break from cubicle land when I should be getting other things done. I am an avid backcountry skier, former River guide and all around outdoor lover. Great place to meet other likeminded weekend warriors living the dream

I dig the avatar! :twothumbs:

Randy from Grand Junction, CO. All the benefits of living near Southern Utah...without actually living in Utah ;)

I spend as much time as I can hiking, Jeeping, exploring, rafting and taking a lot of photos along the way. Occasionally I search for rock art and ruins ;)

As Nick already knows, I'm planning on trying backpacking this year...so maybe I can add that to the list someday

Randy from Grand Junction, CO. All the benefits of living near Southern Utah...without actually living in Utah ;)

I spend as much time as I can hiking, Jeeping, exploring, rafting and taking a lot of photos along the way. Occasionally I search for rock art and ruins ;)

As Nick already knows, I'm planning on trying backpacking this year...so maybe I can add that to the list someday

I really have to check out GJ sometime. Being close to red rock but not living in a tiny town or on the wasatch front sounds awesome. There are big stores there, right? That's my wife's criteria for an acceptable place to live. Something about being raised on the highway north of Bullfrog must have done that to her! :haha:

I really have to check out GJ sometime. Being close to red rock but not living in a tiny town or on the wasatch front sounds awesome. There are big stores ther, right? That's my wife's criteria for an acceptable place to live. Something about being raised on the highway north of Bullfrog must have done that to her! :haha:

Well, we have a few big stores....but nothing like in SLC or Denver. We head to a 'big city' once a year to get to some places we don't have here.

I'm Nate, Live in PC, UT. Have known the creator of this beautiful website called backcountrypost.com since skipping class together in high school at logan, ut. I have been lucky enough to experience hundreds of miles of many of the trips you see posted here. My first backpacking trip with nick and our friend taylor involved laying all of our gear out on one big tarp together and arguing with Taylor as he removed the duplicates of our gear and my deodorant, an experience I'll never forget. When you backpack with friends for a long time you reach a unity of gear where there is nobodys individual gear but the groups. I like backpacking with nikka because he always brings a massive pepperoni roll and shares it with everyone at the point of starvation :) Keep it up my friend, and buy some cross country skis already or break out that Arbor Split-board of yours (of course once you can walk again).

Randy - I love Grand Junction (and the western slope of CO). I go there for work about 4 times a year and I'd move there in a heart beat if I could, but not enough work for me there (I manage properties for a large bank). So jealous you get to live there as it really is so close to the best part of the state of Utah, plus it's smack dab in the middle of Denver and SLC (within 4.5 hrs of two major cities). Someday I could see myself there...

Yep, I remember those days of having no time in the fall to do anything but football. I'm always up for talking football, especially college ball. I'll pretend I didn't see that "even if he was and Aggie" remark...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
LOL! Sorry bro, just giving you crap. I actually really respect Utah state and especially coach Anderson. Top-notch guy and he's doing great things there. I'm a fan of that snobby school down in Utah County that thinks it's shit doesn't stink and angels divinely interfere with games because they're living so righteous :).

Hi, Im Bill.
I found this place while searching the Internets for the blue pools that I saw in the movie 127 hours.
Do you guys know where they are?

If you pay me $100 an hour. I will guide you right to them. :p

Hi, I'm Kev. Many of you I know, others I know online, others I'm still waiting to get to know. I live in (well, near) Vancouver, BC, and I love the desert and skinny places in equal share. I hike, I backpack, I descend canyons, and I drink beer. I have a mountain bike, but I don't use it. I have knee issues, so unfortunately I don't ski or board. All foot-borne, all the time. Looking forward to seeing stuff from Bill, Richard, Kris, and... oh, everyone! (If I had to put a Facebook status for my relationship with Bogley, it would have to be "It's complicated". You guys understand...)

Looking forward to taking some trips that are report-worthy!

Hey, Scott checking in. I will try not to anger too many people here :) (thankfully I don't see a basement with a politics forum). Usually when I get out it is solo as it is super short notice or I can't con anyone into going with me as I have a hard time finding place that I want to go that have a "trail", the rest of the time I read trip reports and imagine that I have the time to go there and live vicariously through other peoples trips. Looks like this will be a sweet site :)

I've been in Utah just over a year now. While I've been an outdoor enthusiast for as long as I can remember, I really only started seriously exploring Utah last summer, and am looking for more opportunities to get out there. I love landscape photography. I have some of my photos online.

I've been in Utah just over a year now. While I've been an outdoor enthusiast for as long as I can remember, I really only started seriously exploring Utah last summer, and am looking for more opportunities to get out there. I love landscape photography. I have some of my photos online.

What neiloro failed to mention is that he is also really good at being a human crutch for those rare occasions that you wreck your ankle while hiking! :haha:

Hey, Scott checking in. I will try not to anger too many people here :) (thankfully I don't see a basement with a politics forum). Usually when I get out it is solo as it is super short notice or I can't con anyone into going with me as I have a hard time finding place that I want to go that have a "trail", the rest of the time I read trip reports and imagine that I have the time to go there and live vicariously through other peoples trips. Looks like this will be a sweet site :)

Haha, no worries, DOSS, this is a designated Nebz-free zone! For what it's worth, I'm all about short notice trips if I'm not already committed. Or maybe there will be room for another when I am. Keep me in the loop.