Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Greetings from the northeast!
I'm Josh, I've had the pleasure of talking to a handful of you in the last year or so, originally from searching for trip ideas for my two trips out your way Sept/Oct 2010 and Jan 2011. I grew up and have lived most of my life in southern New Hampshire. I work as a photojournalist and more recently have become a wedding and portrait photographer (slowly but surely). Last year I finally started exploring and hiking in my back yard (well 1.5-2 hours away in the White Mountains, and while I can't wait to get back at it (haven't done any winter hiking yet), I really can't wait to get back out to Utah/Arizona, possibly in late Oct/Early Nov...

So, here's one more from the Northeast :)
I'm Yvonne and living in Buffalo, NY for a few years right now. Some of you will know me from Bogley, but I'm not a regularly visitor.
I love all kinds of outdoor stuff, especially hiking, backpacking, camping, taking pictures. Once a year I spend a few weeks in Utah and hit the trails by foot or SUV. There really is so much stuff on my never ending bucket list and I can't wait to get back this summer. The rest of the time I spend here on my stomping grounds in Western New York with hiking, camping, exploring and hopefully make it to some of the 46ers in the Adirondacks this year.

Hi. I'm Kris. I used to be fairly active on UUtah before it turned into Bogley. Since then I've had two babies, well my wife has had two babies, and I've been incredibly lazy. I'm hoping to actually go outside this year. I'm planning a Moab trip for mid-to-late February, and hopefully another trip to the Four Corners area around Memorial Day. In the meantime, there are a few peaks in the Wasatch that I haven't visited in a looong time, so I'm hoping to knock a few of them off the list.

Hi Kris - Didn't we run a few miles together in the mud once?

Thanks for the invite Nick! Cool site!

Hi Kris - Didn't we run a few miles together in the mud once?

We sure did. I ran Ragnar with your wife a few years ago, too. I think I've even been half-drunk in your backyard.

Are you going to run The Dirty Dash again this year? I'm thinking about it, but $45 (plus the cost of replacement shoes) seems awfully steep for a 5.5 miler.

I just work here.

Not really, but I am ibenick 's wife. I know some of you, but I am glad to see many I don't know. Those who do know me, can certify that I am in a pretty busy point in my life (second year of MBA school/working full time) so I don't get featured in many of the trips. I hope to be able to get out more this year after graduation. Perhaps I'll get to meet more of you then!
Audra

Hey everyone. I'm Scott & here on an invite from Summit. I'm from Orem, UT and like to hike, snowboard, take photos, play volleyball and stuff. I get out with the family quite a bit - mostly National Parks, but I am also involved with Scouts, so we try to go to interesting places for our sake. Thanks

Hi All, I'm Nik from Baltimore, Maryland. i love the scenery of the Four Corners Area. i transport myself to Utah by looking at the trip reports from Nick, Randy and Summit42.

Hey all,
My name is Matt and I live/work down on the Navajo Reservation in NE Arizona. I love backpacking, whitewater rafting, black and white photography, and of course southern Utah. I'd love to meet some more people in the area who're into the same. I have a website up of some of my black and white photographs at: www.matthewvogt.com Thanks to Nick for putting this forum together!

Hey all,
My name is Matt and I live/work down on the Navajo Reservation in NE Arizona. I love backpacking, whitewater rafting, black and white photography, and of course southern Utah. I'd love to meet some more people in the area who're into the same. I have a website up of some of my black and white photographs at: www.matthewvogt.com Thanks to Nick for putting this forum together!
Matt, you have some excellent photos on your site. I hope you'll post more here also!

Hi All, I'm Nik from Baltimore, Maryland. i love the scenery of the Four Corners Area. i transport myself to Utah by looking at the trip reports from Nick, Randy and Summit42.

Hopefully you actually get to transport yourself here once in a while too!

Hey there! Name's Tim, and have happily called Utah home for a little over 14 months now. Born and raised in Michigan before spending 8 years in San Francisco before finally settling here in the Rockies, a desired destination of mine for quite some time now. Freakin' love it! I'm absolutely consumed by this place. Had the pleasure of meeting Nick this past summer, and got to explore a lot of this incredible state with him and some other equally amazing, new-found friends. Backpacking, canyoneering, landscape photography, aimless wandering and aimful exploration are a few of my favorite things. Never been much of a forum-guy, but hoping this site will change that. Looking forward to bumping into y'all on the trail.

Matt, I like the square format (very Hasselblad-esque) and the black-and-white with the hint of sepia. Are you creating that quality with a Photoshop filter or something like Duotone? Very nice.

Hey Richard, thanks for the kind comments! I use the toning function in Adobe Lightroom and have just started playing around with it more and more. I have some new work that I haven't posted yet that works really well with split tones, where I will tone the shadows a faint bluish hue and the highlights a yellowish hue. Anyways, thanks again!

Hi everyone,

I'm Lisa Kelly from Draper, UT. I work in the Payroll Department at Coca-Cola. I was born and raised in Utah, and feel very lucky to live in a state with some of the most beautiful and diverse landscapes anywhere. I love to camp and hike both in the mountains and the deserts. I plan to add backpacking to the list this year. I have one son who's 13 going on 21. He got BIG this year. I have four adorable cats that are like children to me, and I'm engaged to an awesome guy named Rick, who unfortunately doesn't share my passion for hiking. Most of my friends that do like the outdoors would consider 3 miles to be a long hike, so I spend a lot of time hiking solo. This is a good group of people, and I would really enjoy the company of some fellow outdoorsy folks, so if anyone is looking for a hiking buddy, hit me up sometime. I also want to say thanks to Nick for creating this site! One good outdoor forum just isn't enough, and I'm sure that this one will be awesome.:)