Album Campsites

I forgot you went down to the buttes. How was it? Looks like you need to get in on the bag night challenge and the trip report contest! ;)
It was pretty dang good! Can't beat 70 degree weather in March! It was almost hot at times and if it wasn't for the nice breeze it would have been!

Escalante2010_016.JPG

Across From Deer Creek Camp, Grand Canyon NP. Deer Creek Falls in the background.

P4190339.jpg

Death Hollow. The narrows begin about 50 yards downstream.
IMG_0836.jpg

On the rim of Long Canyon, White Canyon Complex. Jacob's Chair in the background.
LC_Kite.jpg

Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock WIlderness. TN/NC. Off the Hangover Lead Trail, south of the Smokies. And much less crowded...
IMG_3744.jpg

the whole place was full of RVs. :(
Last week the same, that place is getting so popular right now, that it always is completely filled up early in the evening.
But I still love it and always camp there when I'm in the Capitol Reef area

Everytime I pass meeks it looks packed and we wonder why anyone would camp there. We drive 15min to a campsite on the other side of the park where there's far less people and huge Cottonwood trees.

Cottonwood Campsite by Summit42, on Flickr

Where exactly is your site located? Near Pleasant Creek? It looks really great

38.274693,-111.089635 theres about 10 sites here, not a place you would want to camp if there was a BIG storm on the way but we crash there all the time.

There also some OK sites near pleasant creek on the east side.

38.274693,-111.089635 theres about 10 sites here, not a place you would want to camp if there was a BIG storm on the way but we crash there all the time.

There also some OK sites near pleasant creek on the east side.

If you don't mind the short, incredibly scenic drive, there are plenty of sites along the Notom Road.

Here are two pic's from the Paria, March of 2012. Our second night wasn't fun, it got cold fast and the snow piled up a little that night.
Glad I skipped that year! ;)

Some of my favorite camp spots are along the Notom road. The road out to the Henry Mts from Sandy Ranch Junction is all good BLM land too.

Capitol Reef Camp by NateGeesaman, on Flickr

for future trips I will pick a spot somewhere there.
Especially because most of the missing hikes on my Capitol Reef bucket list are in that area