Album Campsites

sure, 30 sec f2 ISO1600 @20mm
Thanks I'm planning being out for the Christmas break. Might give this a try. I'm hoping for snow. F2? That's pretty fast, is it a fixed lens? I got a 10-20 zoom, but I think it's starts around F4 (To lazy to get it out to verify.)

Devils garden campground is my favorite one. We were there in summer 2011. It was our first visit to that region. I can't imagine that there is a more beautyful place which is accessible by motorhome. Even though it's a touristic place, It was just breathtaking beautiful there.
I loved being outside in the evening and night. I never saw the stars that clear ever before.
IMGP4463_2_1_1200.jpg

IMGP4508_DSS_07 entzerrt_1000.jpg

The first campground on that journey was the Grant Village Campground.
I liked it much. Like on most american campgrounds, you have lots of space, you barely see your neighbour.
I't quite different to most of the European campgrounds where the sites are close together.

IMGP3643_1_1000.jpg

This is one of the sites between Goblin Valley and Little Wild Horse Canyon. It was my first noteworthy tent-camping trip, and the one that really got me started tent-camping, although I wouldn't do much more of it until 2012. There was already some snow on the ground when we set up, but it snowed most of the night and we awoke to a few more inches. Hiked LWHC and explored a little in GV the next day.

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

index.php
such a rad photo, awesome!

The first campground on that journey was the Grant Village Campground.
I liked it much. Like on most american campgrounds, you have lots of space, you barely see your neighbour.
I't quite different to most of the European campgrounds where the sites are close together.
View attachment 7479
Are you serious? I hate Grant's village. I feel like everyone is camping right on top of me. Then you have other people's kids running through your campsite. Generators running all. Dogs barking all the time. But the most annoying thing is the people who come in late and then have to lock their car for every trip back and forth to set up camp and their damn horn honks each time the lock it! :mad:

I guess I just hate developed campgrounds....

Going through this thread, there are a lot of really great photos of some really neat camp spots! And as already mentioned, it makes me realize how rarely I take pictures of my own camps. I dug up a few though.

Here is my most recent camp, Medicine range, about five days ago.

IMG_1771.jpg

Lake BR24 back in July

IMG_0157WW.JPG

Griffen Top

IMG_3126W.JPG

Boulder Mtn.

IMG_3018W.JPG

Out on the Owyhee

IMG_2480.jpg

Fish Lake Hightop

IMG_2420.jpg

Squaw lake

IMG_1085W2.JPG

Land of Standing Rocks

IMG_6638.JPG

Doll House

DollHouse-1AW.JPG

Maze Overlook

IMG_5371.jpg

Arch Canyon

IMG_2853.jpg

Butler Wash

IMG_8941W.JPG

Jarbidge

IMG_0730.jpg

- DAA

Are you serious? I hate Grant's village. I feel like everyone is camping right on top of me. Then you have other people's kids running through your campsite. Generators running all. Dogs barking all the time. But the most annoying thing is the people who come in late and then have to lock their car for every trip back and forth to set up camp and their damn horn honks each time the lock it! :mad:

HomerJ, I agree with the right on top of you part at Grant Village. However, I think that some of the RV sites are a little more spread out there. I guess it just depends on what loop Q-see stayed at.

Going through this thread, there are a lot of really great photos of some really neat camp spots! And as already mentioned, it makes me realize how rarely I take pictures of my own camps. I dug up a few though.

Here is my most recent camp, Medicine range, about five days ago.

IMG_1771.jpg

- DAA
DAA, how do you like that Springbar tent?

Nick, that's #1 - one of my favorite car campsite of all time.

Yellowstone, I LOVE my Springbars! I own two. The one in all the pictures above is the smaller, newer one. I've owned it for 15 years, so I've had a lot of nights in it, I don't think 400 is exagerating. It is showing some wear, for sure, but still totally functional. Super easy to setup and take down, super weather proof, very roomy. Other than they weigh a ton, which isn't a biggie for car camping, I can't see anything negative about them and have never seen any other tent I'd rather have for my purposes. If I HAD ever seen one, that's what I'd be using.

- DAA

Nick, that's #1 - one of my favorite car campsite of all time.

Yellowstone, I LOVE my Springbars! I own two. The one in all the pictures above is the smaller, newer one. I've owned it for 15 years, so I've had a lot of nights in it, I don't think 400 is exagerating. It is showing some wear, for sure, but still totally functional. Super easy to setup and take down, super weather proof, very roomy. Other than they weigh a ton, which isn't a biggie for car camping, I can't see anything negative about them and have never seen any other tent I'd rather have for my purposes. If I HAD ever seen one, that's what I'd be using.

- DAA
Thanks DAA that answers all the questions I've had about a Springbar. I've been thinkin about purchasing a good sturdy tent for when I go car camping with the family.

HomerJ, Maybe I had just luck but it really was good.
Maybe I felt it was good because in Europe, we are not used to have that much space. Our campsites looks like this.

DAA, veeery nice pictures! Especially the Dollhouse picture is really fantastic!

HomerJ, I agree with the right on top of you part at Grant Village. However, I think that some of the RV sites are a little more spread out there. I guess it just depends on what loop Q-see stayed at.
Ahh, that might be my problem. I was in the tent area, not the RV.

HomerJ, Maybe I had just luck but it really was good.
Maybe I felt it was good because in Europe, we are not used to have that much space. Our campsites looks like this.

LOL! You're probably right, it's all about what your used to. I grew up in a little town in Wyoming so I'm used to solitude and having elbow room!

that's exactly how the campground in Western New York are.
Awful!! Damn RVs everywhere and people unable to get them into their camp spots. It was loud, noisy.
I usually used the sites farthest away from everyone.
Good for me - no more of this awful experiences anymore. :)

that's exactly how the campground in Western New York are.
Awful!! Damn RVs everywhere and people unable to get them into their camp spots. It was loud, noisy.
I usually used the sites farthest away from everyone.
Good for me - no more of this awful experiences anymore. :)
SOME of the camp grounds are like that here in Indiana. At one of them I actually left my car parked at my campsite and picked up my tent and stuff and walked back into the woods about a 50-100 yards and set up camp. Much better. Probably would've been asked not to or whatever if they caught me, but I'm usually low key and I didn't draw any attention.