Album Campsites

Nice! I've camped up on that Bald in a thunderstorm many years ago, it was rather unsettling. Joyce Kilmer and Citico Creek are definitely gems, hope to get back in there in the next month or 2.

I was yelling at my friend dozing in the tent, "the pink is here! it won't last long, get out here." It was only showing like this for 15-20 min.

Here we are a couple canyon systems over, Horse Canyon, at the mouth of Wolverine.

Haha! Nice! That was a pretty extended sunset for us. Started out good with the yellows and finished strong. I only wish I'd been up high for it like I was the previous night... now that was a campsite with a view!

escalante-sunset.jpg

Haha! Nice! That was a pretty extended sunset for us. Started out good with the yellows and finished strong. I only wish I'd been up high for it like I was the previous night... now that was a campsite with a view!

View attachment 11221

Not a great view from our first night out, but we did make pizza over the fire. Not great LNT practice, but we took care of our mess.

1st night Pizza by slc_dan, on Flickr

Nice. Did you rent that boat? How much? Where? I want to rent one next year but it's like $1000 everywhere I look for just a weekend!

Yeah, we rented it. After all of our Thanksgiving trips kayaking at Lake Powell, we decided to rent a motor boat so that we could explore the lake further away from the marinas than what we could reach on a long kayaking weekend.

We rented the cheapest boat they had from Skylite in Big Water. You have to tow the boat yourself to the lake, but it's only a few miles, so it wasn't any problem. Of course, putting the boat in and especially taking it out was a little challenging since we had never done it before, but we got it figured out with minimal drama.

We only rented it for two days, so it was $500 for the boat. Then we probably put over $150 of gas in it.

Expensive, but cheaper than owning one!

And it was a lot of fun to explore the lake.

i-q5CZCJF-L.jpg

Priord Lake, Uintas

i-nC63Pbn-L.jpg

Halls Creek Narrows

i-ZkvmM3L-L.jpg

Egypt Road