Album Wildlife

Peekaboo

Peekaboo%20copy-XL.jpg

I was sipping my morning coffee on the porch and noticed this woodpecker flittering from tree to tree. I grabbed the big lens to try and get a decent pic but he/she did not sit still for very long.

5J5A3738.JPG

5J5A3739.JPG

Then I noticed a family or Red Squirrels running around a large locust tree that must be their home. Not long ago I had to relocate some of their likely relatives from inside my house -- I ended up live trapping five of them in my attic!

5J5A3762.JPG

5J5A3781.JPG

5J5A3793.JPG

Saw Mrs. Bluebird watching for lunch on a branch.

5J5A3744.JPG

Mr. Bluebird was on the grapevines not far off.

5J5A3773.JPG

Last, in all my years I've seen a lot of bird nests but never a Blue Jay nest. . . until this morning. In a large Maple Tree just off the porch a pair of Blue Jays was building a nest. It was interesting to watch mom/dad go thru the motions of forming the nest with their body and legs.

5J5A3757.JPG

5J5A3759.JPG

5J5A3760.JPG

5J5A3761.JPG

Just another average Sunday Morning! :)

I'm beyond stoked to find this cutie today hissing at me next to the trail.
I totally love snakes but never see any. This is the first rattlesnake ever in the St. George area, I almost believed that there aren't any at all

Sorry, I only had my cellphone with me

rattlesnake%202%20copy-XL.jpg

rattlesnake%203%20copy-XL.jpg
Grumpy snakey! We just want to see how pretty you are!!

Something caught my eye whilst mowing around the pond yesterday.

5J5A3894.JPG

Seems obvious it saw me too!

5J5A3897.JPG

I inched closer and eventually this Green Heron let me get a couple pictures of him/her.

Is this my best side. . .

5J5A3920.JPG

Or is it this one? :)

5J5A3926.JPG

One of my favorites from the afternoon. :cool:

5J5A3943.JPG

I found this beautiful and pretty good-sized Western Ground snake on my hike yesterday.
I've seen the snake several times within the past two weeks but it always slithered away too fast so I couldn't take a cellphone image.
Yesterday evening, I had my phone already out of my pocket, so I could snap a few shots.

Western%20Ground%20Snake%20copy-XL.jpg
Wow! Beautiful snake! And great image of it.

I was sipping my morning coffee on the porch and noticed this woodpecker flittering from tree to tree. I grabbed the big lens to try and get a decent pic but he/she did not sit still for very long.

View attachment 88560

View attachment 88561

Then I noticed a family or Red Squirrels running around a large locust tree that must be their home. Not long ago I had to relocate some of their likely relatives from inside my house -- I ended up live trapping five of them in my attic!

View attachment 88567

View attachment 88569

View attachment 88570

Saw Mrs. Bluebird watching for lunch on a branch.

View attachment 88562

Mr. Bluebird was on the grapevines not far off.

View attachment 88568

Last, in all my years I've seen a lot of bird nests but never a Blue Jay nest. . . until this morning. In a large Maple Tree just off the porch a pair of Blue Jays was building a nest. It was interesting to watch mom/dad go thru the motions of forming the nest with their body and legs.

View attachment 88563

View attachment 88564

View attachment 88565

View attachment 88566

Just another average Sunday Morning! :)

That’s a male Red-Bellied Woodpecker, super active now. Awesome property you have!

Today I found the fattest rattlesnake I've ever seen. It seems it just had eaten lunch. Because of that, it was not moving at all or even sticking its tongue out. It was just done for the day.
Good for me because I almost stepped on it and it was totally in striking distance. Next time I hike and have to do some business behind some bushes I definitely check first where I go, lol.

rattlesnake%20after%20lunch%20copy-XL.jpg

Later, I found another rattlesnake curled up underneath a bush.

another%20rattlesnake%20copy-XL.jpg

Today I found the fattest rattlesnake I've ever seen. It seems it just had eaten lunch. Because of that, it was not moving at all or even sticking its tongue out. It was just done for the day.
Good for me because I almost stepped on it and it was totally in striking distance. Next time I hike and have to do some business behind some bushes I definitely check first where I go, lol.

Wow! What a beauty.

Dang Yvonne! You're finding all the snakies!!!!