Album Wildlife

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

wsp_scott

I'm in love with these river otters in Yellowstone :heart_eyes:
I can't tell how often I stopped for them

How long was your lens for these? The KY otters are very shy and usually don't linger for photos like this.
Yellowstone in the winter must be magic, some day I'll see it.

TractorDoc

Poor quality pic, I know, but there were 40-50 turkeys in the backyard today. I tried to get closer/sneak up on them but they caught me army crawling across the yard and started to move away.

5J5A2966.JPG

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
How long was your lens for these? The KY otters are very shy and usually don't linger for photos like this.
Yellowstone in the winter must be magic, some day I'll see it.
I only had a 350mm lens
But I saw the otters a bit earlier and walked to the river bench. This was close to the confluence with Soda Butte Creek and you look down to the river from the road. I just sat in the snow for about 15 minutes, really quiet and not moving, and then they just popped up just below me. They were about 30 feet away.
And I totally agree, they are super shy. As soon as others came and talked and moved around, they were gone.

I'm a wildlife repellant and move and walk too loud. Everything runs and hides when I come. The only chance to see any wildlife is to quietly sit down for a while and not move at all. It worked pretty well on this trip to Yellowstone.

If you ever get the chance to go to Yellowstone in the wintertime, just do it. I will be back next Christmas and again over the summer, escaping the heat of Southern Utah

OwenM

Y'all have bison, moose and otters with snow and ice, and around here the snakes are out. That's not fair at all!:(

Stole these from an acquantance who builds mtb trails.
Rattler on NYE, and the worm sna...I mean, ALaconda, is from yesterday.

wsp_scott

Y'all have bison, moose and otters with snow and ice, and around here the snakes are out. That's not fair at all!:(

Stole these from an acquantance who builds mtb trails.
Rattler on NYE, and the worm sna...I mean, ALaconda, is from yesterday.
View attachment 86213

View attachment 86215
Where was the rattlesnake? I like hiking in the winter because the snakes are supposed to be sleeping :)

OwenM

Rome, GA. Don't know about the other one. We've got a warm spell going on. Should be over 20F cooler this time next week. It's 71 at my house right now!

wsp_scott

Rome, GA. Don't know about the other one. We've got a warm spell going on. Should be over 20F cooler this time next week. It's 71 at my house right now!
It has been crazy warm in KY also, but a front is blowing through today and should be a lot cooler tomorrow.