Album Wildlife

some of the locals hanging out in Zion

i-WFX5mfL-XL.jpg

Canyon Tree frog

i-6qdXzhW-XL.jpg

Western Fence Lizard -this one was pretty tame and I could tickle his chin

The second, with a 640 telephoto (crop sensor with 2x extender). For those who want to know more - GYE.
Out of curiosity, as I am currently shopping for new hardware, what was the actual focal length of the lens?
Seriously nice photo!
Wayne

Wayne, I may have done the math wrong, but it's a 200mm Canon white with a 2x extender on a Canon 1.6 crop sensor. Let me know if you come up with a diff number. It's a Canon M5 mirrorless. I don't like the camera and would like to get my 7DM2 back, it has way better focus. The M5 has the 50D sensor. It has good focus for still life, but often searches when there's movement.

Wayne, I may have done the math wrong, but it's a 200mm Canon white with a 2x extender on a Canon 1.6 crop sensor. Let me know if you come up with a diff number. It's a Canon M5 mirrorless. I don't like the camera and would like to get my 7DM2 back, it has way better focus. The M5 has the 50D sensor. It has good focus for still life, but often searches when there's movement.
Thanks! I get 640mm too.
After trying to jump start my photo hardware knowledge into the 21st century, I'm totally confused as always.
I'm muddling and agonizing over a couple Micro Four Thirds cameras: Lumix Gx9 or Olympus E-M5 Mk II. Light weight for carrying in the woods & the built in 2x conversion factor for instant long lenses.
Ironically, both of the little cameras and the full frame Sony A7 II are all the same price right now. With a lens even.
Cheers!
Wayne

Thanks! I get 640mm too.
After trying to jump start my photo hardware knowledge into the 21st century, I'm totally confused as always.
I'm muddling and agonizing over a couple Micro Four Thirds cameras: Lumix Gx9 or Olympus E-M5 Mk II. Light weight for carrying in the woods & the built in 2x conversion factor for instant long lenses.
Ironically, both of the little cameras and the full frame Sony A7 II are all the same price right now. With a lens even.
Cheers!
Wayne
If you were to start a new thread with this as a topic, I bet you'd get tons of replies, as this forum has so many photographers. I bet there are a number of Micro Four Thirds users.

That bear doesn't have me submerged under the water does it @Rockskipper ? I think I might have been yelling for help. :) Great shot! Is that a Jellystone bear?

Yes, northern section - a creek off the Lamar Valley. I thought I heard a muffled cry for help, but I was too scared to go see. No idea it could've been you - the bear probably was after your Honey Stinger hat.

when friends invite you on a boat trip and you end up snorkeling with a pod of dolphins.
It can't get any better. I'm always in awe when I see dolphins
Unfortunately, no sharks nearby that day. We were all hoping to see some sharks

i-fnVppjk-XL.jpg

the deep blue ocean - 100 ft down to the bottom

i-TkBQGp7-XL.jpg

@Yvonne - just wonderful you got to experience that, it's very rare. Enjoy your trip, the photos are amazing. Keep posting!