Album Wildlife

Thanks, fellas and gals. Due to my long lens it didn’t feel that scary either even though they outweighed me 5 to 1.

Last edited:
So you were a long ways off, which explains why they hadn't interrupted their dance with the "Shhhh... Human sighted, everyone down on all fours and graze" alert. [emoji6

Ha! That reminds me of a Gary Larsen cartoon...

Actually, I had gotten out of the truck and was trying to sneak up on them but they noticed me and started getting inquisitive but antsy. I had my race Birkenstock's on so knew I could hightail it back to the truck just fine. As part of getting antsy they started standing up and sparring like this. We had seen them sparring multiple times over the previous hour as well. Way cool and I feel fortunate to have seen and captured the display. This is about when Becky shouted out and warned me back to the truck due to a flanking maneuver from another contingent. False alarm - and I had those racing Birkies....

Last edited:
So breathtaking and amazing! Seeing wild horses is on my bucket list. Appreciate your share!

Not particularly “wild” these little guys were very willing subjects the other evening...

71c6d1bc25c6537530a44dbf42bd1a21.jpg
71e71688424c1f634915363899e4cfae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk