Album Wildflowers

Zion Milkvetch

zion%20milkvetch%20copy-XL.jpg

Are those wild?
Probably not. . . to a degree. There was an old homestead in the area that these come up in/around. All that is left nearby is/are some stones from an old cabin foundation. They may have been planted over a hundred years or so ago, but they've spread and naturalized themselves to look like they belong there.

I'll try to get some trillium pics for next time and stop posting all the invasive species! :)

Probably not. . . to a degree. There was an old homestead in the area that these come up in/around. All that is left nearby is/are some stones from an old cabin foundation. They may have been planted over a hundred years or so ago, but they've spread and naturalized themselves to look like they belong there.

I'll try to get some trillium pics for next time and stop posting all the invasive species! :)
Funny - I'm wondering now if the grape hyacinths in my yard (homestead?) will still be coming up in 100 years. But will it all be concrete by then???

Saw a good number of these flowers in the Gravellies today and am having trouble IDing it. Any got any ideas? It's probably something super common and I'm just not looking in the right places. Haha.

PXL_20210619_181818693~2.jpg