What is on your wish list?

I just knocked out over half my list in the last month so here's what I have left.

For sure:
3 new Osprey Packs
gas powered lantern
new trekking poles

Maybe:
A second UL tent, 2 or 4 man.
2 backpacking inflatable pads with insulation (sick of freezing on my air-core pads but I love the weight)
2 15/20°degree bags under 3lbs and a killer deal.

Beyond stoked right now!
6885998099_7a8ae3a119_z.jpg

On my wish list is the mountain hardware pack designed for women. Waiting for my pro deal to open back up since I maxed it out at Christmas. Haha!

What pack do you use ibenick?

I have a few...

Osprey Kestrel 38 2300ci
Osprey Kestrel 48 2900ci
Osprey Aether 60 3800ci
Lowe Alpine Ion 3600ci
Lowe Alpine LIberty 5800ci
Lowe Alpine Vision 2400ci

Out of those, I pretty much only use the Kestrels which I reeeeeeeeaally like. The 38 liter is what I use almost all of the time. I picked up the 48 for winter camping and situations where I might need to carry a ton of gear. The 38, despite being considered a 'large daypack or light overnighter', has been great for 4 day trips with varying weather conditions, even with my standard complement of camera gear and booze! I even had to carry my dogs backpack back in it once and everything fit. :)

BTW, Miss Buffalo, I just realized it's not the Aura 65 my wife has, it's the Ariel 55. Whoops. :oops:

new item...

REI flash 18
Doubles and a day pack and stuff sack that looks perfect for day hikes while backpacking.

f4532ad9-a45d-4898-ad5b-af45fa8105a0.jpg

16c6a5c2-a771-4ff3-b705-588d6dc679df.jpg

The 38, despite being considered a 'large daypack or light overnighter', has been great for 4 day trips with varying weather conditions, even with my standard complement of camera gear and booze! I even had to carry my dogs backpack back in it once and everything fit. :)

a 4 day trip with the 38L Osprey? Wow... now I'm really impressed. :twothumbs:
How do you do this?
With my Gregory Z30 it is almost impossible to pack for more than a light overnight trip, and it's only a little bit smaller than the Osprey.

BTW, Miss Buffalo, I just realized it's not the Aura 65 my wife has, it's the Ariel 55. Whoops. :oops:

The Ariel 55 was my second choice, but I couldn't find a good deal.
So I ordered the Aura 65 instead. Maybe I don't need all the volume during my Utah trips, but here in the much cooler Northeast I will be really happy to have it. My warmer stuff needs a lot more space. ;)

I have a few...

Osprey Kestrel 38 2300ci
Osprey Kestrel 48 2900ci
Osprey Aether 60 3800ci
Lowe Alpine Ion 3600ci
Lowe Alpine LIberty 5800ci
Lowe Alpine Vision 2400ci

Out of those, I pretty much only use the Kestrels which I reeeeeeeeaally like. The 38 liter is what I use almost all of the time. I picked up the 48 for winter camping and situations where I might need to carry a ton of gear. The 38, despite being considered a 'large daypack or light overnighter', has been great for 4 day trips with varying weather conditions, even with my standard complement of camera gear and booze! I even had to carry my dogs backpack back in it once and everything fit. :)
Damn dude, I really need to learn to pack less.... I've been looking at the Osprey Aether 60 or 70 and have been wondering if I can fit everything in them. I currently have the Gregory Whitney (about 90 liters and weighs 7 lbs. ugh!) Maybe I'll check out the Kestrel 68!

Thanks

Damn dude, I really need to learn to pack less.... I've been looking at the Osprey Aether 60 or 70 and have been wondering if I can fit everything in them. I currently have the Gregory Whitney (about 90 liters and weighs 7 lbs. ugh!) Maybe I'll check out the Kestrel 68!

Thanks

Hehe. My buddy has Gregory Whitney. That thing is HUGE! I swear if he ever got hurt I could put him in it and hike him out. :D I'd be curious to see what all you pack in that monster...

Hehe. My buddy has Gregory Whitney. That thing is HUGE! I swear if he ever got hurt I could put him in it and hike him out. :D I'd be curious to see what all you pack in that monster...
That's my problem, I think I got to fill it up! LOL! I usually have too much clothes, WAY TOO much food, and probably a little much fishing gear. I take in my fly and spinning rods/reels, plus the spinners and flies for them.

Actually thought about doing this. The other thing I decided is that I have two thin yoga mats I rarely use. I intend to find them and cut one to correct size and stuff it between me and my Big Agnes air core. See how that works! I won't take that backpacking but at least on regular camp trips I should sleep better. And I will try the water bottle trick.

So this last camp trip to Fruita I tried the yoga mat and I had bought a pair of down camp slippers. My feet stayed TOASTY warm and the yoga pad kept the cold air at bay. I like the slippers better than socks because socks make my feet sweat. These were comfy and toasty and no sweaty feet. I didn't sleep the first night because of the wind and I had no ear plugs but the last two nights after having some friends bring me ear plugs I slept better than any other camp trip. Now if I could just figure out the pillow. I have tried to backpack pillows and do not like them.

Just ordered the Jet Boil Flash tired of Alison having her coffee done before mine. :roflmao: And a pocket shower.

So this last camp trip to Fruita I tried the yoga mat and I had bought a pair of down camp slippers. My feet stayed TOASTY warm and the yoga pad kept the cold air at bay. I like the slippers better than socks because socks make my feet sweat. These were comfy and toasty and no sweaty feet. I didn't sleep the first night because of the wind and I had no ear plugs but the last two nights after having some friends bring me ear plugs I slept better than any other camp trip. Now if I could just figure out the pillow. I have tried to backpack pillows and do not like them.

Just ordered the Jet Boil Flash tired of Alison having her coffee done before mine. :roflmao: And a pocket shower.
Hate the backpacking pillow I have as well. It's the Big Agnes and it matches my bag. LOVE my thermarest for padding however and I can blow it up in 10 puffs. Glad you got a Jetboil....so worth it. :twothumbs: Pocket shower is a win/win in my opinion. Give me a dab of Dr. Brommers and a pocket shower and I am happy girl.

new item...

REI flash 18
Doubles and a day pack and stuff sack that looks perfect for day hikes while backpacking.

f4532ad9-a45d-4898-ad5b-af45fa8105a0.jpg

16c6a5c2-a771-4ff3-b705-588d6dc679df.jpg

I have a version of this pack from a couple years ago, and it's great. I use it as a stuff sack for sleeping bag (with room for poly-pjs and a pillow too) when carrying a bigger pack, and then use it for a day pack when smaller is needed.
Mine has a couple more pockets than this, but I love the zipper on the pictured pocket! My son likes carrying it on day trip; might be time to upgrade mine and pass the old one along...