What did you NOT buy today?

You need what you need, when you need it. Try to be sensible. I don’t want my gear holding me back, or failing all the time. I really feel quality matters and that, generally, you get what you pay for. A few of the items I carry have been with me twenty years, others brand new and the whole range between. Repair, replace or upgrade as necessary. I get a lot of wear and enjoyment out of my goodies and am grateful for their company on my adventures and the shelter, warmth, and sustenance they grace me.

Well that's exactly it. We weren't in a shopping mood. We were in a bind for time and needed gear for a trip so we took what we could get. Usually that's not the way to go about things, and certainly not our preference. The fact we get a do over is just a silver lining to a canceled trip. Nothing more.

Sorry if I'd given the impression I canceled my group's trip so could return gear so I could post about it here. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I did my own valve adjustment on my previous car a few years ago. It made me feel like a car genius because it's the most involved maintenance I've ever done myself. Haha.

I've heard the Honda Element is a gem of a vehicle. I was surprised the first time I heard that because my opinion was entirely based on their appearance.
If we want to start throwing vehicles in there I love this thread. I have a 2002 VW Jetta TDI with 250,000 miles on it. I put all but 30,000 on there. It gets such great mileage that we take it a lot of places we shouldn't. I have replaced the little belly skid pan about 8 times. We took it to visit family for Christmas and the alternator went our near Jerome Idaho. Luckily my brother lives out that way so he showed up and we replaced it in the dark in the the single digits. That is the most difficult alternator replacement ever. We had to move the power steering pump just to access it.

Also several years ago on a trip to Arizona the timing belt went. We rented a U-haul and car hauler and towed it all the way to shop in Logan, Ut. Our mechanic loves telling that story to people. We aren't even considering getting rid of it until at least 300,000 miles.

We did buy a new Tacoma in 2018 and it is great. It is primarily used for fun activities, and we plan to have it for quite some time.

Longest currently in use equipment in my household are some cheap big box store tents that cost $40-$50 (3P tents) that have been in use for 8-9 years so far. Had to retire one of them as it had multiple holes in the fly and the mesh, and our dog had an "accident" in the tent :-/ on the last day of a camping trip.