What did you buy today?

My water bottle clip ended up breaking, but all the other clips stayed strong. I am excited to test these ones out though.
Without even being used, yet? Ugh...
Did you pick the pack up by the pouch or something?

Without even being used, yet? Ugh...
Did you pick the pack up by the pouch or something?
Haha no.
It is the one I got with my Superior Wilderness Designs pack. I had used it a handful of times. I think because whenever I was done with a trip, I would take it off my pack, not just leave it on.
I don't know that those clips are made to be removed over and over, but not sure. My other pockets haven't had this issue, so it might have just been a defective clip.

My new Altra Olympus 4.0s arrived today. High hopes they made some improvements in durability over the 3.5s I have. They really are the most comfy trail shoes I’ve had for my complicated feet.

36E58AD5-DCBD-48E6-81D9-F89961417B21.jpeg

Picked up a Nemo Tensor reg/wide. Reached my aggravation limit with the XLite.

So 4 months and one week later, I actually slept on it...

Big improvement over the narrow crinkle fest.

So 4 months and one week later, I actually slept on it...

Big improvement over the narrow crinkle fest.

obviously not exactly the same use time/reasons as the Xtherm, but how does it compare to the Xtherm?

obviously not exactly the same use time/reasons as the Xtherm, but how does it compare to the Xtherm?

No complaints about the Xtherm. It's quiet and toasty warm. The tensor isn't nearly as thick as the Xtherm. but I'm glad I got the wide even though I'm hardly a hulking beast. It's just nice having a little extra wiggle room.

Also the separate 'inflating bag' thing the tensor came with is pretty ingenious. Nice to inflate a pad without feeling like you're going to black out at higher elevations lol.

Trouble a foot. :eek: She actually burrowed beneath the tent and the ground cloth when we set it up.

Mine feel the need to inspect all new tent purchases, including tunneling under all tents and groundsheets. Any new cardboard box arrivals are also a must.

Mine feel the need to inspect all new tent purchases, including tunneling under all tents and groundsheets. Any new cardboard box arrivals are also a must.

We have a second cat too that likes boxes but not tents. Juniper (the one pictured) loves tents, but only shows a moderate interest in boxes. Go figure. :)

Tarptent StratoSpire Li came back into stock like...10 minutes ago and I snatched one! Woot woot! This will be my first Dyneema tent and my first trekking pole tent. Excited to test it out for my trip in September. :p:D:roflmao::);) I am so excited that it is double wall! Which is why I would have never bought Zpacks. I like to sleep without my fly whenever I can!

Hope it works well for you. I have the one person version (Notch Li) and am pretty pleased with it. Very small inside, but I wanted light instead of spacious. Tarptent designs just seem very well thought out to me, and I really appreciate how well integrated the bug nests are. Used my Notch in Alaska for two weeks last year and it was great.

I've never tried to set mine up without the fly, but if you tie all the doors open there is a lot of view to be had.

Hope it works well for you. I have the one person version (Notch Li) and am pretty pleased with it. Very small inside, but I wanted light instead of spacious. Tarptent designs just seem very well thought out to me, and I really appreciate how well integrated the bug nests are. Used my Notch in Alaska for two weeks last year and it was great.

I've never tried to set mine up without the fly, but if you tie all the doors open there is a lot of view to be had.

That is so good to hear! I cannot wait to give it a go. I have just always liked the Tarptent quality and customer service, just didn't love the weight or what I consider SLIGHTLY strenuous pitches haha

I just find a lot of joy when I wake up throughout the night and I open my eyes and there are so many stars above me!

That is so good to hear! I cannot wait to give it a go. I have just always liked the Tarptent quality and customer service, just didn't love the weight or what I consider SLIGHTLY strenuous pitches haha

I just find a lot of joy when I wake up throughout the night and I open my eyes and there are so many stars above me!

I find the Notch pretty easy to pitch. There is definitely a learning curve at first but it's not too bad. I found that on mine, I need to set my trekking poles a bit shorter, ~110cm I think, to get the best pitch. Yours may be different but pole height is definitely something to experiment with. Other than that, get good at finding rocks to use when you can't get stakes in the ground and you'll be fine.

@Udink inspired me to go a notch above with a new camping gestalt.

Indigo

Tarptent StratoSpire Li came back into stock like...10 minutes ago and I snatched one! Woot woot! This will be my first Dyneema tent and my first trekking pole tent. Excited to test it out for my trip in September. :p:D:roflmao::);) I am so excited that it is double wall! Which is why I would have never bought Zpacks. I like to sleep without my fly whenever I can!
I love the Stratospire Li. Pricey, but it is more secure in rough weather than any tent I've ever used - even tents that weigh more than 5x as much. I mostly reserve mine for trips where I need that security though. If using it solo, the extra space is quite a luxury when you're trapped inside for extended periods, too.

That said, my Zpacks Plexamid is my "go to" for quick trips or more predictable weather.

I love the Stratospire Li. Pricey, but it is more secure in rough weather than any tent I've ever used - even tents that weigh more than 5x as much. I mostly reserve mine for trips where I need that security though. If using it solo, the extra space is quite a luxury when you're trapped inside for extended periods, too.

That said, my Zpacks Plexamid is my "go to" for quick trips or more predictable weather.

Oh yay! More good feedback! They shipped it today!
For any trip, I use a 2 person tent and I like double wall, maybe excessive, but just my preference :)
This is what I hope to use going forward allll the time and for my PCT thru hike next year. Trims off over a pound from my normal tent, the Big Agnes Tigerwall. Yay!

Oh yay! More good feedback! They shipped it today!
For any trip, I use a 2 person tent and I like double wall, maybe excessive, but just my preference :)
This is what I hope to use going forward allll the time and for my PCT thru hike next year. Trims off over a pound from my normal tent, the Big Agnes Tigerwall. Yay!
Don’t feel odd because you like double walled tents. I feel like after what might be a miserable day hiking due to weather and/or mosquitoes, etc. you need a refuge to escape and get a good nights sleep.

Don’t feel odd because you like double walled tents. I feel like after what might be a miserable day hiking due to weather and/or mosquitoes, etc. you need a refuge to escape and get a good nights sleep.
Haha thanks! I also seem to have some sort of illusion of more safety if the tent is larger. I don't leave the fly off on my solo trips because I need that extra layer of false security hehe!

It came, it came!! Couldn't wait till morning haha. It would be too hot anyways LOL It definitely took me a loooong time to put this thing up haha. I gotta practice.
It'll get so much faster.

Also, in addition to being able to setup the inner w/o fly (which is fun in clear weather), in bad weather I highly recommend packing the inner and fly separately so that the fly can be put up quickly and you can keep the inner dry.

Enjoy it!