What did you buy today?

I forgot to mention that I bought something:
I managed to find the last JetBoil SOL at my local Gander Mountain. Half price and it was mine.
Then I was given a Snow Peak Ti 700 ml cup and lid, a 1 liter REI Ti pot and lid and an MSR Pocket Rocket 2.
My cup runneth over. I'm not sure what to use. The JetBoil is the leader for solo use right now because I've used it more than the other gear. I could see adding the Pocket Rocket 2 and 1 liter pot if I were in a group. Decisions. Decisions.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try the others... Jetboilmarkets the most, others as good. I've used a optimus Crux for 10 years .. almost as fast, less weight

Try the others... Jetboilmarkets the most, others as good. I've used a optimus Crux for 10 years .. almost as fast, less weight
Agree. I do like the jetboil pot (tall/skinny packs easier) and use it with a 1 oz cheap canister stove that’s still better than the jetboil stove. Best of both worlds. I’d give the pocket rocket a try with the jetboil pot and see how you like it.

Super stoked!!
I bought a mountain bike
Can't wait to take it out in the next few days and weeks, especially when my semester ends.

i-KrwBNRp-XL.jpg

Kailani (Hawaiian for Sea and Sky, I guess the color fits the name criteria I've chosen)

We also bought mountain bikes. Nice upgrade since we have been using Gary Fisher bikes we bought new in 2005.

IMG_3671.jpgIMG_3672.jpg

Didn’t buy it today, exactly, more like almost a year ago. My Massdrop Dan Durston X-Mid UL 1P showed up yesterday.

d2c17e8627c67452aca83a9559967d47.jpg

Looks just like a Stratospire 1! Probably going to be a great tent!

Didn’t buy it today, exactly, more like almost a year ago. My Massdrop Dan Durston X-Mid UL 1P showed up yesterday.

d2c17e8627c67452aca83a9559967d47.jpg

I got mine a couple days ago also, haven't had a chance to set it up yet

Looks like fun though!

Realized that Katabatic 5 degree bag is finally in stock. Ordered!! I just want to be warm....
In stock, but still takes 4 weeks....?
Hopefully, I like quilts, or imma regret making such an expensive purchase. :tongue:
Screenshot_20190425-224041_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not purchased today, but here's some of my new gear for the year that was recently purchased.

Like @Perry, I too received an order I had placed for an X-mid from Drop.

Also got these new Flex-lit Air chairs (just under a pound) from REI when they were 30% off during the big anniversary sale a couple weeks ago...

Put the chairs through a fair amount of use yet? Wife and I were looking at some camp chairs at REI the other day.

Put the chairs through a fair amount of use yet? Wife and I were looking at some camp chairs at REI the other day.

Only a couple nights out on the trail with them and sitting around the house with them a good bit. They're holding up fine, but they're definitely a little less stable feeling than even the standard flex-lite chairs. They are very light weight and compact enough all folded up, that lots of people could easily fit it in their pack. They are also much easier to set up and take down because of how flexible they are and the less rigid corners that hook on to the poles. Time will tell how durable they are. Like other models, these definitely don't do well in soft ground though, at least not without some additional support for the legs to rest on.