What did you buy today?

Early Christmas presents.
A down sweater and 2 wool toques from LL Bean.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPS delivered the package yesterday.
It’s official. I bought something.
I’m wearing the down sweater on the deck this morning. It warmed up from 47 yesterday to 57 this morning. The jacket is not too warm. It fits over a fleece pullover. That’s good news. I was afraid the size Large might be tight over the fleece.
The wool hats are great.
All I need now is a place to play in some snow.
Wayne

Early Christmas to myself, also. Ordered these yesterday. I can't wait for winter!

Atomic Backland AT boot.JPG

Rossignol Sky 7 HD Ski.JPG

I’m jealous. Your boots are way cooler than my jacket and hats.
I would wear those backpacking.
Wayne

I have my gear for a multi-day trip dialed in and can now fit it all in a 38L pack. So, I got an Osprey Exos 38. Regular price is $180 ($192 including tax), but I found this on Amazon thru a company in Manchester, England. Total cost was $106! No tax and free shipping! And it only took FOUR days from when I ordered it to when It was at my door...pretty impressive!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075YD5F37/?tag=backcountrypo-20

I'm not ultralight, but I do appreciate a very light backpack. I should be in the low 20 lb range for a 3-4 day trip...and that includes by beloved chair!

Attachments

• Exos38.JPG
    Exos38.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 23
So, now you have some miles on those boots, what do you think? I bought the carbon versions recently. Did you have the liners custom formed?
Hey Art - Funny story about those boots. The very first time I took them out for a tour, I had an issue where the toe box actually collapsed in on my toes. Turns out, it was a bad design on my bindings that allowed this to happen:

IMG_1458.jpg

Anyway, Backcountry.com was great to work with and I returned them for the same model but a year newer. So far I have really like them. They are very light and comfortable to wear all day. I did not have the liners custom formed but have been happy with the way they fit my feet anyway.

BTW, the bindings were returned, also, and replaced with the Dynafit ST Rotation bindings...

Which bindings broke your boot?
Fritschi Vipec Evo 12

I have been pretty vocal with friends about how unhappy I was with those bindings. They broke twice within a year of owning them, and that was only on about 5 uses. The piece that held the brake in place kept busting. When I returned them the second time to REI, they said they were having a lot of complaints about the same issue. I've been much happier with the Dynafit binding.

My wife bought me an early birthday present of a pair of MSR Lightning Ascents, she is awesome! For those interested recreation outlet is having a 20% off sale for all winter gear. I think she might have picked up the last pair of ascents at the Ogden location, but I'm not sure.

This was now two weeks ago... but 5 nights of sleep, mostly in a mix of teens and twenties and I smile every night and morning... almost as much as my daughter is in the pic below. I spent a lot of time trying to decide between this and a quilt, but for the winter stuff I have been doing the quilts borrowed and tried have been too drafty and put me right on the pad which bugs me for some reason.
I sleep cold, and love those draft collars and a place to toss my camera below my feet.
My cold heart and dark soul also like to be wrapped in a warm embrace. :rolleyes:

I can use my 35d bag in the desert later in the season and my kids can use my older Big Agnes 15d and stop complaining about being cold (whiners).

I almost purchased a similar, purple version at the Campsavers sidewalk sale last May, but held off when my wife grimaced. This year, I got some good dividend back from REI for all the travel expenses I had last year... so smaller grimace.

Mountain Hardward Phantom Flame 15d, Long.
Weighed it... 2 lbs, almost 1oz.
Now I need to get mountainsick and sneak off to Maybird in the snow... Soon comes.

OH, and it is Green AND Orange. A color combination I love.

IMG_6523.jpg

Super stoked!!
I bought a mountain bike
Can't wait to take it out in the next few days and weeks, especially when my semester ends.

i-KrwBNRp-XL.jpg

Kailani (Hawaiian for Sea and Sky, I guess the color fits the name criteria I've chosen)