What did you buy today?

So this is what I bought yesterday at REI's big sale.

View attachment 121430

As you can see, I bought some new hiking poles. Now I can finally get rid of my crooked mismatched pair. No wisecracks @Rockskipper. :) Let's see, I also got a coupe of lightweight small stuff sacks so that I can carry heavy things in them. A small green Nalgene bottle, just because I like the color. I really wanted a small mouthed 32 oz. Nalgene because we lost one on our Lookout Peak hike, but they were completely sold out of 32 oz. Nalgene bottles. Imagine that? Three pair of socks made it into my shopping bag too. Since I am taking an external frame pack into the Yellowstone backcountry this weekend, I needed plenty of straps so that I can attach a whole bunch of gear to the pack. Of course, I bought some meals too. Oh, and two groundhog stakes, just in case I have to take care of a vampire in the backcountry. Oh, and least I forget, a Flexlite Camp Chair! I'm going to be lounging @Bob!
Nice!!!
I also ordered trekking poles and a new pair of La Sportiva Goretex Boots for our rugged lava terrain.
My last pair is falling apart.

With 22 minutes to spare, I just got a Sea-to-Summit pillow to replace the one from 10 years ago that no longer holds air. It got a lot of great use, and I hope the new one will also last 10 years!

Most likely th last car we will ever buy…it’s a rav 4 hybrid and we didn’t pay over msrp like most of th rav4 were priced..we paid 3.4% under msrp! It will be going down th rough forest service n backcountry roads! IMG_3335.jpeg

Most likely th last car we will ever buy…it’s a rav 4 hybrid and we didn’t pay over msrp like most of th rav4 were priced..we paid 3.4% under msrp! It will be going down th rough forest service n backcountry roads! View attachment 121439
Hey Trout Whisperer… I got one of those a year before you. To date, I like it a lot. I confess that it has too many buttons and switches and options, but it drives quite well. MPG is probably 40-45, though I don’t have the whole history MPG. That button, the one that lets you switch between the whole vehicle history, and the trip history, also has a reset button. Sigh. Not only have I reset it a coupe of times, but the dealer reset it a couple of times. I like the vehicle, but I’m not impressed with the Owner’s Manual.

Hey Trout Whisperer… I got one of those a year before you. To date, I like it a lot. I confess that it has too many buttons and switches and options, but it drives quite well. MPG is probably 40-45, though I don’t have the whole history MPG. That button, the one that lets you switch between the whole vehicle history, and the trip history, also has a reset button. Sigh. Not only have I reset it a coupe of times, but the dealer reset it a couple of times. I like the vehicle, but I’m not impressed with the Owner’s Manual.
The owners manual is more like War and peace! We like it but th 2002 #sequoia ( with th new radiator) is a simpler to operate vehicle…guess we are getting a little bit older.

Remember that you can support Backcountry Post in a big way by shopping through sponsored links such as this one to Amazon this holiday season (or anytime:

Amazon

Or this one for REI

Or how about Backcountry.com

We have sponsored links to most any outdoors-related website you can think of, and the website gets a small cut of the sale just by clicking through. Let me know if you're looking for a particular link! The ads have been OFF around here for a while so the support makes a huge difference to keep things running.

How about campsaver in Logan ut

Remember that you can support Backcountry Post in a big way by shopping through sponsored links such as this one to Amazon this holiday season (or anytime:

Amazon

Or this one for REI

Or how about Backcountry.com

We have sponsored links to most any outdoors-related website you can think of, and the website gets a small cut of the sale just by clicking through. Let me know if you're looking for a particular link! The ads have been OFF around here for a while so the support makes a huge difference to keep things running.
Anything in Canada?

Didn't "buy" these but received some hiking / camping items for Christmas:
Merino wool hiking socks (2 pairs!)
A nice dry bag (which was timely as many of my existing dry bags are no longer watertight)
A folding camp sink for my car camping trips
Titanium tent stakes (shepherd's hook style which are my preferred stake style)
A nitecore NU25 UL headlamp (which I really like)