Album Waterfalls

Wish I was closer. I usually only get up there once a year, and so far spend most of my time in Big South Fork.

Wish I was closer. I usually only get up there once a year, and so far spend most of my time in Big South Fork.
not a bad place to spend time! the BSF is a gem, especially right now while keeping "distance".

a few waterfalls in Zion, all the rain is so super awesome
I just took my bike and rode the scenic drive in the rain which was super amazing

i-nMZxdkZ-XL.jpg

i-WMZDj8Z-XL.jpg

i-NkXbSTL-XL.jpg

i-PH7B5TJ-XL.jpg

i-DQksznd-XL.jpg

i-x24BhCq-XL.jpg

Most of Kentucky's recreation areas and popular spots are being shut down. Sure glad there are 700,000 acres of National Forest public land to explore, the vast majority of it is never visited. I've been limiting my drives to two hours away, gassing up locally and keeping that distance.
There are ways to get out and keep yourself and others safe. Stay healthy y'all.

Last edited:
Most of Kentucky's recreation areas and popular spots are being shut down. Sure glad there are 700,000 acres of National Forest public land to explore, the vast majority of it is never visited. I've been limiting my drives to two hours away, gassing up locally and keeping that distance.
There are ways to get out and keep yourself and others safe. Stay healthy y'all.

View attachment 87475

View attachment 87476

Those are awesome, what county?

Hoping to get some waterfalls in Beaver Creek next week before the ticks and snakes start appearing

Those are awesome, what county?

Hoping to get some waterfalls in Beaver Creek next week before the ticks and snakes start appearing
McCreary! We hit the Beaver Creek Wilderness Area today. Still some flow, and wildflowers are poppin'.

Some easy to get to falls from South Cumberland SP in TN and DeSoto SP in AL.

Savage Falls
View attachment 87562

Upper Greeter
View attachment 87563

Lower GreeterView attachment 87564

Upper Boardtree
View attachment 87565

Lower Boardtree(ok, this one's not so easy to get to)
View attachment 87566

Azalea Cascades
View attachment 87567

Laurel Falls
View attachment 87568

Lost Falls

View attachment 87569

Fantastic! I had to cancel my trip down there last week. Thanks for the taking me back.

Day hike to an old off trail favorite tucked away deep in the Daniel Boone National Forest...

2A4A0043.JPG

2A4A0055.JPG

2A4A0070.JPG

2A4A0095.JPG

A couple waterfalls in Beaver Creek Wilderness (KY)

This one is right off the Middle Creek trail, easy to get to if you can walk a couple miles
Apr%2B16%2B2020_25.jpg

and a little bit closer
Apr%2B16%2B2020_21.jpg

These last couple involve some bushwacking and scrambling. I wish there had been more rain, I've seen photos where they are really going, still pretty though.
Apr%2B16%2B2020_33.jpg

Apr%2B16%2B2020_37.jpg

A couple waterfalls in Beaver Creek Wilderness (KY)

This one is right off the Middle Creek trail, easy to get to if you can walk a couple miles
Apr%2B16%2B2020_25.jpg

and a little bit closer
Apr%2B16%2B2020_21.jpg

These last couple involve some bushwacking and scrambling. I wish there had been more rain, I've seen photos where they are really going, still pretty though.
Apr%2B16%2B2020_33.jpg

Apr%2B16%2B2020_37.jpg

Nice pics! Glad you made it down there, its a wild place. The waterfall season is about done, great timing.

The Grotto at Grayson Lake State Park in eastern Kentucky, a magical hidden gem that you can only reach by boat.
First sea kayak trip of the year, and not another soul on the lake today.
#socialdistanceworldchamp

2A4A0253.JPG

2A4A0222.JPG

2A4A0255.JPG

Boulder House Falls on the Honey Creek Loop, on the TN side of Big South Fork. Perhaps my favorite spot on a trail where I have a couple dozen "favorite spots".
Think I've done this hike 4 times before, but always in winter.
There's a lot more water flowing than I've ever seen on my December trips, and some of the places I'm used to staying dry with waterproof shoes and gaiters are knee deep.
1030588.jpg

1030596.jpg

This one is called Ice Castle Falls
1030601.jpg

The sun was not kind at Honey Creek Falls:
1030604.jpg

Or this little unnamed(?) one.
1030538.jpg

There are innumerable little "waterfalls", but I like this one. Not a great pic, but to me it's a waterfall...AND it's the trail(and taller than the perspective here suggests).
The left side is like going up steps, and the easiest way through this particular spot.
1030581.jpg

Boulder House Falls on the Honey Creek Loop, on the TN side of Big South Fork. Perhaps my favorite spot on a trail where I have a couple dozen "favorite spots".
Think I've done this hike 4 times before, but always in winter.
There's a lot more water flowing than I've ever seen on my December trips, and some of the places I'm used to staying dry with waterproof shoes and gaiters are knee deep.
View attachment 88867

View attachment 88868

This one is called Ice Castle Falls
View attachment 88869

The sun was not kind at Honey Creek Falls:
View attachment 88870

Or this little unnamed(?) one.
View attachment 88871

There are innumerable little "waterfalls", but I like this one. Not a great pic, but to me it's a waterfall...AND it's the trail(and taller than the perspective here suggests).
The left side is like going up steps, and the easiest way through this particular spot.
View attachment 88872

Best hike...at least on official trails...in the BSF!