Album Waterfalls

A few shots from Adam's Canyon, UT. Taken about 5 yrs ago in the fall.
The first time I tried to hike to this waterfall I didn't know where I was going and ended up hiking up Strong Canyon (canyon just south of waterfall canyon). DOH!!! I kept going and going thinking I would hit the waterfall anytime. After a while I figured out I had to be in the wrong canyon. By the time I got back down I was wore out and the sun was just about to set so I had to come back another day...

The Subway

5883077805_d1e9d06d86_b.jpg

Bill, I think I've asked you in the past, but what are you shooting with these days? Great stuff, as always, man.

Bill, I think I've asked you in the past, but what are you shooting with these days? Great stuff, as always, man.

Thanks man, Im using a Canon 7d with a Tokina 11-16 or sigma 10mm fish for most everything I shoot these days.

Thanks man, Im using a Canon 7d with a Tokina 11-16 or sigma 10mm fish for most everything I shoot these days.

Sweet. That's not a full frame right? I'm sick of dragging my D3 around and am hoping to scam my way into a D800 at some point this year (the thing looks amazing) before I head out there again and I'll probably stick to a 17-35mm (on a full frame). Eventually I'll post some photos from my 10 day trip out there in Sept/Oct 2010 (not too many off the beaten path spots, but I did ok)... Anyway, sorry for the tangent :)

Awesome. Really kicking myself for not going further down canyon to see what this looked like in the middle of January with all of the ice formations. :(

I guess this must be really awesome with all the ice.
But I'm not sure how easy it would be to get there. You eventually need crampons?
They are definitely helpful here in Western New York when heading out to some of the frozen waterfalls

Miss Buffalo, I need to come and visit you in NY and hire you to be my guide! These water fall photos are gorgeous!!!! :twothumbs:

Miss Buffalo, I need to come and visit you in NY and hire you to be my guide! These water fall photos are gorgeous!!!! :twothumbs:

If you ever come to my stomping grounds, it'll be a pleasure to show you around.
But I have to admit this particular fall isn't running all year long. Murder Creek is often bone dry and then you basically have nothing more than a drip of water.
But after a nice and soaking rain it's awesome to head out to that place. And even in winter with icicles hanging down it's a great place to explore