Water containers

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

OwenM

A pair of .7L Smartwater bottles are usually enough for me. I use a 1.5L Evernew bag with a Sawyer Micro for water filtration, and filling that gets me up ~3L.
I've started carrying my spare Evernew bag in the bottom of my pack, too, so there's another 1.5L if needed.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Bob

Trailmaster
Yes that is the old MSR titan cup. We mix drinks on the trails and like to keep the water bottles for pure, filtered water. Girlfriend has a powdered “green drink” she makes me drink and I make her put chocolate and a few spices to make it palatable. Ha ha.

I’ve used the Platy bags and have found them to be way too leaky and others I know do too. They are super light but have never lasted and all plastics leech chemicals even the drom bags so the inert, non reactive ti takes care of that. I have used all manner of plastic bottles in the past and know they are very popular for price and weight.
Never have bad taste out of platypus bags.... Now with a dromedary used to have... Every hike tasted plastic. Platys have food grade plastic. Also like them cause they are light weight and packing volume size is small full and especially empty, you can carry a spare easily. They are also lifetime warranty .. each his own I guess.

Wyatt Carson

Desert Vagabond
Never have bad taste out of platypus bags.... Now with a dromedary used to have... Every hike tasted plastic. Platys have food grade plastic. Also like them cause they are light weight and packing volume size is small full and especially empty, you can carry a spare easily. They are also lifetime warranty .. each his own I guess.
I never mentioned anything about taste but simply that all plastics leech chemicals (and or toxins and or hormones). Some chemicals have no taste especially at low concentrations and some people can’t detect them. Even food grade plastics are not really suggested for re-use. Any fatiguing, scratches or a abrasions or heating as on hot days will exacerbate the leeching of those chemicals. It is very hard to get away from plastics usage though.

Meddins

I never mentioned anything about taste but simply that all plastics leech chemicals (and or toxins and or hormones). Some chemicals have no taste especially at low concentrations and some people can’t detect them. Even food grade plastics are not really suggested for re-use. Any fatiguing, scratches or a abrasions or heating as on hot days will exacerbate the leeching of those chemicals. It is very hard to get away from plastics usage though.
You are absolutely correct about the heating up of the plastic . It does give off more plastic taste now that I think of it . But hey we all drank from garden hoses as kids and came out ok !

JeffH13

Camelbak bladder in the vent space of my Osprey pack and one or two 20-oz Powerade bottles for camp or longer dry sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk