Walking Along a Nice Creek in the Desert

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

LarryBoy

Hiker Trash
For me, thinking that we were out there all alone is what made it more bewildering and difficult to figure out. Guess I just need to remember Occam's razor next time, since it was probably what we first thought all along.
Occam's Rzr: all other considerations being equal, the culprit is probably an ignorant tool on an ATV. :)

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Great report! If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea where that is. Love the pics!
Haha I'd be happy either way! I just don't want this report showing up when someone Googles the area.

And thanks!!

Jon Carbaugh

Very nice report @Jackson!! I'm with everyone on the hound dogs...
Since we are all sharing, lol... I always hear people having a conversation if I am camped near a rocky stream, keeps me up at times... lol I think I just have it in my head now.

Cheers!

wsp_scott

Very nice report @Jackson!! I'm with everyone on the hound dogs...
Since we are all sharing, lol... I always hear people having a conversation if I am camped near a rocky stream, keeps me up at times... lol I think I just have it in my head now.

Cheers!
I have the same issue, some of the creeks in the SE Appalachaians are pretty big/noisy. I'm usually by myself and I'll wake up a 3am hearing "voices" right outside my tent :)

@Jackson looks like a great trip, good luck on the bar exam

JulieKT

Very nice report and great pics. There is an extremely large cattle ranch just down canyon from where you were, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was either their dogs, or possibly some local's dogs out hunting whatever poor creature, or maybe out training (like I know anything about training hunting dogs, lol). But to me it definitely sounded like hounds. That's one of my favorite canyons, though I've only been in it, oh, maybe half a dozen times over the years, if that much. Haven't been there in a few years actually. Hard to get to, not really marked, and I've never see anyone there the same time I've been there. Thank for you keepin' mum about its location. :)

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Very nice report and great pics. There is an extremely large cattle ranch just down canyon from where you were, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was either their dogs, or possibly some local's dogs out hunting whatever poor creature, or maybe out training (like I know anything about training hunting dogs, lol). But to me it definitely sounded like hounds. That's one of my favorite canyons, though I've only been in it, oh, maybe half a dozen times over the years, if that much. Haven't been there in a few years actually. Hard to get to, not really marked, and I've never see anyone there the same time I've been there. Thank for you keepin' mum about its location. :)
Thanks!

Hard to get to, not really marked, and I've never see anyone there the same time I've been there.
The perfect combination of factors!