Walking Along a Nice Creek in the Desert

For me, thinking that we were out there all alone is what made it more bewildering and difficult to figure out. Guess I just need to remember Occam's razor next time, since it was probably what we first thought all along.
Occam's Rzr: all other considerations being equal, the culprit is probably an ignorant tool on an ATV. :)

Great report! If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea where that is. Love the pics!
Haha I'd be happy either way! I just don't want this report showing up when someone Googles the area.

And thanks!!

Very nice report @Jackson!! I'm with everyone on the hound dogs...
Since we are all sharing, lol... I always hear people having a conversation if I am camped near a rocky stream, keeps me up at times... lol I think I just have it in my head now.

Cheers!

Very nice report @Jackson!! I'm with everyone on the hound dogs...
Since we are all sharing, lol... I always hear people having a conversation if I am camped near a rocky stream, keeps me up at times... lol I think I just have it in my head now.

Cheers!

I have the same issue, some of the creeks in the SE Appalachaians are pretty big/noisy. I'm usually by myself and I'll wake up a 3am hearing "voices" right outside my tent :)

@Jackson looks like a great trip, good luck on the bar exam

Very nice report and great pics. There is an extremely large cattle ranch just down canyon from where you were, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was either their dogs, or possibly some local's dogs out hunting whatever poor creature, or maybe out training (like I know anything about training hunting dogs, lol). But to me it definitely sounded like hounds. That's one of my favorite canyons, though I've only been in it, oh, maybe half a dozen times over the years, if that much. Haven't been there in a few years actually. Hard to get to, not really marked, and I've never see anyone there the same time I've been there. Thank for you keepin' mum about its location. :)

Very nice report and great pics. There is an extremely large cattle ranch just down canyon from where you were, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was either their dogs, or possibly some local's dogs out hunting whatever poor creature, or maybe out training (like I know anything about training hunting dogs, lol). But to me it definitely sounded like hounds. That's one of my favorite canyons, though I've only been in it, oh, maybe half a dozen times over the years, if that much. Haven't been there in a few years actually. Hard to get to, not really marked, and I've never see anyone there the same time I've been there. Thank for you keepin' mum about its location. :)
Thanks!

Hard to get to, not really marked, and I've never see anyone there the same time I've been there.
The perfect combination of factors!