Album Trails

Fiery Furnace, Arches NP. Some fun "trail" pictures:

Rick is testing the stickiness of his soles
image.jpeg

A fun trail, we have many animations (this year and last year) of crossing this piece of trail.
Notice the white arrow on the brown sign on brown slick rock..... image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Another arrow, very easy to see, right? This is what's so fun about Fiery Furnace.
image.jpeg

Rick is still on trail, pointing to the arrow. Trail is through the first crack....
There is a drop off to the left of where I'm standing.
image.jpeg

Lots of cool tafoni - Rick on the trail :
image.jpeg

On trail? Off trail ? I have no idea- but it's a fun place to hang out on a grey day in Moab!
image.jpeg

Another arrow, very easy to see, right? This is what's so fun about Fiery Furnace.

It really is. I love that "trail".
I looked at it longingly earlier this month when we only stood at the overlook.

Fifth Water Trail, Diamond Fork Canyon

10511522_10152786802159456_5769876994438503919_o.jpg

Been really busy lately, but have been able to get some late afternoons and evenings in the foothills near home. My kids and wife have all had their first snowshoes. This weekend, I am hoping some want their seconds...

I swear, under 2-3' of glorious powder there is a trail.
Traverse snow 2-7-20190011 (1).jpg

Sometimes crusted to walk on... sometimes past my knees with shoes on.
Traverse snow 2-7-20190043-bw.jpg

Trails finally dried enough to get the mtb out. Our local soils are pretty clay rich so it doesn't take a lot of moisture to turn them into greasy, treacherous messes. This weekend was the first time I rode my mtb since being in Moab after the backcountry fest meetup.

Nice overlook of the Missouri River from the top of this trail. Actually saw other bike tracks on some trails, which is rather rare.

LRM_EXPORT_1200480282425091_20190519_183811060.jpeg