Album Trails

Looking towards Mount Rainier along the Tatoosh Peak trail in Washington State.

30267929258_fbc4f348d8_c.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Upper Muley Twist trail in Capitol Reef NP Friday. Wow, will do a report later @Perry . That's a must-do hike.

After trailhead, the trail is in the wash, just before counter clockwise scramble to the white rim
image.jpeg

Trail up on the white rim. Spectacular views with snow on the Henry mountains, Buffalo "driven down by the snow" is the rumor now....
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We had just "scrambled down" from the white rim (with surreal views over the Waterpocket fold, Notom-Bullfrog rd and the Henry mountains with snow on). So we were past the halfway point and we encountered some awesome looking red slick rock and slot canyon looking walls. "Cool, the rest of the trail is an easy walkout through the wash and the canyon" I thought, but nope..... I forgot... Something about " a bypass route over the slot canyon". More scrambling and searching for cairns for maybe 3/4 - 1 mile before we hit the wash with the remaining 4 miles to the "high clearance, 4W drive trailhead. We initially totally missed the cairns for the bypass of the slot canyon and it was 3pm.

Here is Rick on the bypass trail
image.jpeg

up on the bypass trail : Cairns bottom left, the trail back to the Upper Muley Twist trailhead is on the left.
A giant boulder to the right is over or next to the slot canyon.

image.jpeg

Cool stuff to watch on the bypass trail
image.jpeg

Rick on the trail - in the wash- walking back to trailhead
image.jpeg

@Perry : It's an understatement to say that was a Spectacular hike. I took 300 plus photos, Rick probably took more...

Upper Muley Twist trail in Capitol Reef NP Friday. Wow, will do a report later @Perry . That's a must-do hike.

@Perry : It's an understatement to say that was a Spectacular hike. I took 300 plus photos, Rick probably took more...

Now you know... It's a special place.
Getting twisted around. It is part of the name.

The red egg as we called it, really is a massive boulder. It may be time to take my kids up there.

After trailhead, the trail is in the wash, just before counter clockwise scramble to the white rim
View attachment 71330

Trail up on the white rim. Spectacular views with snow on the Henry mountains, Buffalo "driven down by the snow" is the rumor now....
View attachment 71331

View attachment 71332

We had just "scrambled down" from the white rim (with surreal views over the Waterpocket fold, Notom-Bullfrog rd and the Henry mountains with snow on). So we were past the halfway point and we encountered some awesome looking red slick rock and slot canyon looking walls. "Cool, the rest of the trail is an easy walkout through the wash and the canyon" I thought, but nope..... I forgot... Something about " a bypass route over the slot canyon". More scrambling and searching for cairns for maybe 3/4 - 1 mile before we hit the wash with the remaining 4 miles to the "high clearance, 4W drive trailhead. We initially totally missed the cairns for the bypass of the slot canyon and it was 3pm.

Here is Rick on the bypass trail
View attachment 71335

up on the bypass trail : Cairns bottom left, the trail back to the Upper Muley Twist trailhead is on the left.
A giant boulder to the right is over or next to the slot canyon.

View attachment 71333

Cool stuff to watch on the bypass trail
View attachment 71334

Rick on the trail - in the wash- walking back to trailhead
View attachment 71336

Looking forward to your trip report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday we hiked in The Needles, Canyonlands NP. We started at Elephant Hill TH and hiked into Druid Arch. As we returned from Druid Arch the sun came out again, @Scott Chandler . :cool:
We had been waiting for the sun at Druid Arch, but we just got cold. Then I suddenly got the idea to add Chesler Park to the hike, I couldn't wait till the day after. It's just such a beautiful area. We did the math on time before the sun set and the additional milage, it was fine. We ascended out of the canyon and wow!!! That one mile of steep short cut trail between the Druid Arch trail and Chesler Park is just stunning, incredible views.
Just as you think it can't get any better, it does.

Remember all the clouds at Druid Arch just an hour earlier?
This is shortly after we left the arch, Rick is on the trail returning from Druid Arch.

image.jpeg

We climbed out of the canyon on the short cut trail to Chesler Park. Blue skies again! The Druid Arch trail back to the Arch can be seen at the bottom of the picture. The views of the canyon were spectacular.

image.jpeg

Views from the short cut trail once you climb out of the canyon. Here is Rick on the trail.
image.jpeg

Here is another piece of the steep short cut trail with Rick ascending from the canyon. Cairns to the bottom right.
image.jpeg

And the classic Chesler Park views. Rick has much better pictures, but he is traveling now. Photos never truly capture the beauty and tranquility of Chesler Park. It's my favorite place on this planet, I cannot explain why, but it is.... I just love it.
We had just arrived from Druid Arch via the trail to the right in the picture.
We continued to CP3 and then hiked back via Chesler park to Elephant Hill TR. we did the joint trail last year and we will be back very soon anyway.
image.jpeg

More classic Needle views on the trail back to the car.
image.jpeg

We have been hiking for two weeks in Utah and we had a fabulous time, as always....
I will try to do some trip reports here from Denver, it's challenging on the small devices
We will be back to Utah in a few weeks.