Total eclipse of the Sun

wow Randy, that's awesome!! I guess you used a special solar filter

I guess you could say that...

7d5e1188a2e611e1abb01231382049c1_7.jpg

;)

Here's my photo. Taken from the Toquerville / I-15 area while traveling back from the West Rim / Subway hike this last weekend with the group here. Taken at 200mm with a ND32 filter, and then cropped a bunch.

DSC_4075.jpg

Here's a couple I got at Beryl, UT. My daughter and myseld went wandering out there on Sunday afternoon trying to be alone and ended up shooting through the lattice of an old railway tower.
Eclipse (10 of 15).jpg

Obviously not quite the right filter with all the odd reflections going on but I don't mind the way it turned out.
Eclipse (11 of 15).jpg

Even though the structure obscured part of the ring I liked this one best.
Eclipse (12 of 15).jpg

I am so impressed by the pics from everyone here. As I was driving the Kolob Terrace Road trying not to run over the people parked all over the place with their lawn chairs and tripods out, I was thinking how tough it would be to actually come up with a good shot yet there are a bunch of them right here. Way cool. Seriously. FWIW, I watched it while driving 82 mph through the zone of totality near Kanarraville.

wes242 captured some impressive stuff. Check out his FB fan page. And maybe he'll post some of that here too? :smilecoffee:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wesley-Aston-Photography/109213999110133

Well I didn't know how really to go about shooting this. I had some people wanting to me head south to shoot it, but I stayed in my front yard. After seeing some other shots, there are so many things I wish I could have tried. I would rather shoot a ton of other stuff too though. That layer of clouds helpd add a little something extra though.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg