The NFL thread

Think about this: Detroit went to the hardest place to win, kept it close, came back and the refs screwed the pooch on a call that CANNOT BE CHALLENGED!!! You CANNOT make this shit up!
It has happened many times before, just in different ways. This time it was the double-whammy of a fumble at the goal line by the Lions’ best player, future Hall of Fame receiver Calvin Johnson, and a blown call by a clueless official. All Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright had to do was fall on the ball rather than intentionally batting it out of the end zone, which he inexplicably did (he had plenty of room). Possession of the ball should have stayed with the Lions’ at the one instead of ruled a touchback and given to the Seahawks, essentially ending the game.
It was much like the ref picking up the flag on the obvious pass interference call at Dallas in the playoffs last year, which was compounded by Sam Martin’s nearly-impossible 10-yard punt. Just another “Lions moment."

Lifelong Vikings fan here...started when i was 3 (1979) i received a Fran Tarkenton doll/action figure and have stuck with them ever since.
Only Browns fans can empathize with us Vikings fans in our misery/losing in spectacular fashion.
Lions? they've always sucked and always will...but they do suck less than the packers.:tongue:

Well, it would seem the Colts now potentially have a play as infamous as the butt fumble. I now understand how you feel, @Vegan.Hiker.

I've seen it a few times now and still have absolutely no idea what they were trying to accomplish on that play.
There's a video of the University of Maine's team successfully running the play that's been getting some attention the past few days. Still completely absurd.