Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Protein helps surgical recovery! Go for it. Best of luck with the recovery and it's best not pushed. I've failed to learn that lesson multiple times. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, road trips to great views may help to alleviate the itch.

I'm pretty sure I'll do what I am supposed to do while wearing the flat shoe. Once it comes off though, is where I'll need all my resolve to not push it. :)

Reactions: kwc
Best to you Hugh. As we get older, how each of us has ailments or such where some part of one's body does not work how it used to. For myself it is my right ankle. Guess with you and your foot, it will be hard to sit still this winter. It is winter but it will pass and after this next summer, more time for some new experiences. Hope you can do it with your knees. As for myself, still hiking but more biking about these days. Sure do think of that Good Yellowstone Absaroka and Thorofare Country. Maybe next summer just might have to be back in there again. But again Best To You ... and hope your foot heals good and well with rapid healing.

I'm pretty sure I'll do what I am supposed to do while wearing the flat shoe. Once it comes off though, is where I'll need all my resolve to not push it. :)
Will you be able to ride your bike if weather permits? Do you have a stationary bike or access to one?

Hopefully you’ll be able to control those urges to “push it”! Just take care of yourself.

And we do need more Cooking with Scatman posts!

Will you be able to ride your bike if weather permits? Do you have a stationary bike or access to one?

Hopefully you’ll be able to control those urges to “push it”! Just take care of yourself.

And we do need more Cooking with Scatman posts!

I have a stationary bike, but I was told it would be a month before I could attempt to pedal it.

You could just push with the one good leg and let the other go along for the free ride. After awhile, you'll look like a sidehill gouger.

Here's how you guarantee you get enough exercise. You have Shiela put the exercise bike outside in front. You then don her bikini and tie your good leg to the bike. You're not allowed back inside until you get enough revolutions or someone calls the cops. The pressure should make you get it done fast so you can't dilly dally. SLTrib will stand by. Presto! Exercise!

Reactions: Bob
Here's how you guarantee you get enough exercise. You have Shiela put the exercise bike outside in front. You then don her bikini and tie your good leg to the bike. You're not allowed back inside until you get enough revolutions or someone calls the cops. The pressure should make you get it done fast so you can't dilly dally. SLTrib will stand by. Presto! Exercise!

Guess I better get ready to spend a few days in the pokey. :scatman:

Another big leap in faith Skipper. Moving the stationary bike is clearly a two person job. :)

Check out the cloud forming over Mount Van Cott.
04.jpg

You could just push with the one good leg and let the other go along for the free ride. After awhile, you'll look like a sidehill gouger.
He could maybe walk the side hill from north fork to the rhorofare better on the slope

Explored some new trails in a local park not far from home this weekend. Wandered around the woods, splashed thru creeks, and climbed some hills. . . one of the more interesting features in the area was a large, exposed chunk of sedimentary fill near one of the creek banks. It had to be nearly 30 feet high; I was nervous it might crumble down on me as I looked at the assortment of rocks within it. I hoped I might find some cool bones or a mammoth tusk poking out somewhere, but no such luck. :)

Attempted my best @scatman smile for BCP.

GOPR1009.JPG

on my recent trip to Halapē in Hawaiʻi Volcanoes NP
You can't go wrong with a lovely secluded beach camping trip

paradise%20found-XL.jpg

beach%20selfie%202-XL.jpg

Merry X-Moose fellow BCPers! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, no matter how you might celebrate it. For the upcoming new year, may your destinations be within reach, your backcountry travels be safe, and your trip reports inspire.

Always suspected that Santa was an Aggie fan! :D
08.jpg