Album The members of backcountrypost.com

And to keep with the backcountry theme of things, some deer scat in the yard.
Clearly that scat was staged! No deer would ever step foot in @scatman 's yard. He has a herd of attack cats that would not allow it. :)

Two can play your game Hugh, as it was a nice day here in Ohio too. While I cannot match your rugged good looks and the passion you exhibit while holding the rake, I can try to duplicate the Scatman smile. :scatman:

DaveandRake.jpg

To keep with the backcountry theme of things here is a buck that has been chasing the lady deer around my yard.

5J5A9977.JPG

5J5A9980.JPG

I don't get it. Is it National Angry Farmer's Day or something? What did I miss? I mean, no, just no, that's not going to replace last year's bikini shot, no way, Scatster. Nobody would buy the darn calendar, you know that! (Plus we'd miss the fun of certain members complaining about how their eyes are burning.) And @TractorDoc, if you want to be in the calendar, too, just check out the one from Alaska for ideas. (I'll let you guys figure out what it's called so I don't get banned, but it's out there.) Maybe I'll call it Back Country Best of 2023 if enough here are interested - it would probably be a career breakthrough. :)

I don't get it. Is it National Angry Farmer's Day or something? What did I miss? I mean, no, just no, that's not going to replace last year's bikini shot, no way, Scatster. Nobody would buy the darn calendar, you know that! (Plus we'd miss the fun of certain members complaining about how their eyes are burning.) And @TractorDoc, if you want to be in the calendar, too, just check out the one from Alaska for ideas. (I'll let you guys figure out what it's called so I don't get banned, but it's out there.) Maybe I'll call it Back Country Best of 2023 if enough here are interested - it would probably be a career breakthrough. :)

There's nothing to get. Since I can't hike (which makes me angry) due to my shin issues, I instead cleaned out the gutters on my house, raked my yard before the big snow due in on Monday, and hung the X-Moose lights. And since I wore my fancy overalls (thus the farmer reference), I came up with the angry farmer. And getting up on the north side of the roof, which still is frozen from the last storm was almost as dangerous as following @Bob up and down those horse trails in the Teton Wilderness back in August! :)

People are complaining about their eyes burning? :D

You forgot the numerous complaints from when I posted the photo of you in the bikini for last year's calendar? I'm shocked. Wasn't that what started the infamous Let's Kick Scatman Off BCP movement?

You forgot the numerous complaints from when I posted the photo of you in the bikini for last year's calendar? I'm shocked. Wasn't that what started the infamous Let's Kick Scatman Off BCP movement?

I think it was me that started the Let's Kick Scatman off BCP movement. I still can't believe they voted me to stay on. :scatman:

That bikini shot was from years ago. I've matured so much since then. :thinking:

And @TractorDoc, if you want to be in the calendar, too, just check out the one from Alaska for ideas.
I'm not sure that I'm calendar material. . . but I bet brother in law Patrick ( @CajunPoncho ) is.

0O7A0875A.JPG

I'm not sure how I feel about Hugh in a mer-man tail outfit. I do get a Centaur vibe from him though. . . but instead of a horse I believe his lower half should be that of a mule. @Rockskipper can you render something up with your photoshop skills to see if I'm onto something?

Real men don't wear gloves.
They do when they don't want their fingers to smell like rotten gutter goo. :D

I'm not sure that I'm calendar material. . . but I bet brother in law Patrick ( @CajunPoncho ) is.

View attachment 116909

I'm not sure how I feel about Hugh in a mer-man tail outfit. I do get a Centaur vibe from him though. . . but instead of a horse I believe his lower half should be that of a mule. @Rockskipper can you render something up with your photoshop skills to see if I'm onto something?
I think Patrick qualifies, for sure, but would he be willing to wear a bikini? And as for Photoshopping, I wouldn't want to do that to a mule. :)

I had a trip home to the Big Island and worked on my new property.
Just two days before I headed home, my secret wish was granted, and Mauna Loa started to erupt.
Despite all the work at my property, I headed out a few times to see the big lady spew out lava.
Next trip home I will definitely bring a camera and not just my cellphone

admiring%20the%20flow-XL.jpg

My nephew lives on Oahu and flew to Hilo and rented a helicopter and flew over the vents. He has some amazing video.

My nephew lives on Oahu and flew to Hilo and rented a helicopter and flew over the vents. He has some amazing video.
thatʻs awesome!!
I wanted to do that, but they did not have a single day with availability. I was only there for six days. Iʻm back in early January, but only time will tell if there is still an eruption going on. Historically they only last a couple of weeks