Album The members of backcountrypost.com

No Blood?
How do we know that event was not staged? The ground looks mysteriously undisturbed. . . even if it is paved. :)

I didn't want to have to do this, but I guess you asked for it. :)

Ignore the tent buck naked underwear, focus on the nice raspberry below them.
01.jpg

And remember, "Only you can prevent forest fires."

02.jpg
Scat the poser? Nah

:roflmao: Thanks for having my back @Bob.

Hey, what y'all didn't notice was the gofundme Scatty put up, asking for hospital money.

Hmmmm it's mysteriously disappeared.

When I was a wee lassie, I wanted to get out of something or other, can't recall what, and I drew a very authentic looking cut complete wth stitches across my arm. It worked...until it didn't.

We're on to ya, Scatster.

Hey, what y'all didn't notice was the gofundme Scatty put up, asking for hospital money.

Hmmmm it's mysteriously disappeared.

When I was a wee lassie, I wanted to get out of something or other, can't recall what, and I drew a very authentic looking cut complete wth stitches across my arm. It worked...until it didn't.

We're on to ya, Scatster.
@Rockskipper you have been on to me for years! Now let me tell you all how this all went down.

I'm sensing some lingering skepticism here in BCP world. Let's go frame-by-frame to see if we can convince the skeptical.

Approaching the turn around at the top of City Creek - Sorry that this shot is out-of-focus, but @Rockskipper forced me to include it. :)
08.jpg

Now, as you can see in the above photo, the sun is not shining on the roadway. At this time of the year, the sun is too far south to shine over the southern ridge of City Creek anymore at this location. Since it had rained on Tuesday, the road is still wet and has soggy leaves that I probably should have paid closer attention to. :thinking:

This is the picture that I was taking when all hell broke loose as I was making the turn to come back down the canyon. I thought the sun on the conifers was pretty, so I took the shot.
05.jpg

As I was taking the shot, I had essentially come to a stop on my bike. In order to keep upright, as you well know, I was moving my handle bars back and forth ever so slightly, when I began to head downhill with out really wanting to. I tried to correct with another slight movement of the handle bar to move me back uphill. When I tried this, my front tire slipped in a small patch of wet leaves, and down I went. Since I was clipped in, I had no time to deploy my left leg to catch me and save me from a rather embarrassing moment.

You can see the small patch of leaves that my front tire slid on just above my bike seat, @TractorDoc
06.jpg

Of course, having done this many times before, I have learned to fall more gracefully than I used to. :D

I got up, brushed myself off, then retreated with my tail between my legs to a picnic table at Upper Rotary Park to rest and evaluate the condition of my leg/hip.
09.jpg

After my adrenaline wore off, I felt pretty good and headed home.

Another shot this morning of a bruise on left hand side of my wrist 03.jpg

And the lower corner of my thirteen dollar Ebay camera got scuffed up too. It may never be the same. :)
04.jpg

So the Gofundme Hospital Fund is so that I can buy some nice camera gear so that I can keep up with all of the wonderful photographers on this forum. So, Please donate! Wouldn't you like to see some nice/quality pictures from Scatman for a change? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not going to get that leg image out of my mind for a few days.... Aaagh
Some things just cannot be unseen.

I specifically said to focus on the bruise! Not the tents. :)

Yep, sometimes I need to remember to watch what I wish (or ask) for. :eek:

I do give the Smokey Bear attire a big thumbs up though. :thumbsup: Only Scatman could look so good in orange. Only Scatman.

Yes, orange is a tough color. It's Smokey that makes it all come together though not the Scatman. :scatman:

Last edited:
So the Gofundme Hospital Fund is so that I can buy some nice camera gear so that I can keep up with all of the wonderful photographers on this forum.
I'll pass on covering the hospital bills, but might toss a couple dollars at a rig something like these so you can film/photograph future adventures while on the move!

1636057628868.png

1636057657778.png

1636057850529.png

You'll just have to keep watch for any low hanging branches. :)

At South Guardian Angel Viewpoint during a 20-miler from Wildcat to West Rim and back

selfie%202-XL.jpg

I want to see the time stamps on the photos. And I think the Smokey Bear shirt is a red herring. —Detective Rock

Okay Detective Rock, the facts have been laid out in front of you. Any amateur sleuth could figure this one out. You might want to re-enroll in the penny-pinching detective school you graduated from. :)

And who was the mysterious person taking photos of YOU? And why didn't the dog bark? —More Detective Rock

Why that would be me, and my trusty gorillapod. A good detective never leaves home without one.

What dogs? Hound of the Baskervilles perhaps Mr. Holmes?

Slippery leaves?

Yes, Perry, good eye. They are pesky little devils. :)

I'll pass on covering the hospital bills, but might toss a couple dollars at a rig something like these so you can film/photograph future adventures while on the move!

You'll just have to keep watch for any low hanging branches. :)

Helmets won't do. :thumbsdown: You'll need to find something that will fit on a bicycle cap in order for us to find some common ground. :scatman:

I bet there were LOTS of dogs that day that didn't bark, eh?

ETA I kind of forgot where this was going...

It's going nowhere, as our rants often do! :)

I'm heading out for a 14 mile urban/foothill hike this morning. I hope those contusions don't slow me down. I'll be on the lookout for your phantom dogs along my route.

See any potential pitfalls along my route?

Mount_Wire_and_Mount_Van_Cott_Loop.jpg

Your main pitfall will be trying to answer coherently when people ask you where you're going. You're in even more trouble when they ask you why. Does that middle part that says Fort Douglas include an espresso cafe? Be careful when crossing those thick red lines.

Last edited:
You're training with 14 mile days ? I'll have to find more rocks and less trails if I go with you on more trips

You're training with 14 mile days ? I'll have to find more rocks and less trails if I go with you on more trips

Since you are half mountain goat, and I have no mountain goat in me to speak of, I have to do twice as many training miles as you in order for me to keep up with you in your favorite steep, rocky terrain. :)