Album The members of backcountrypost.com

My wife and I took Wednesday off from work to climb Mount Timpanogos. On our way, we saw a Bull Moose, Pikas, Mountain Goats, and a hawk carrying away a squirrel. The wind was blowing extremely hard after crossing the saddle and making the final push to the summit, I was a bit worried about hypothermia but managed to survive. :)

Thirsty

On top

I did my first hike after I was out for 8 weeks with an ankle injury
Happy to slowly get out again. So here a quick cellphone picture

i-8nXhchw-L.jpg

My wife and I took Wednesday off from work to climb Mount Timpanogos. On our way, we saw a Bull Moose, Pikas, Mountain Goats, and a hawk carrying away a squirrel. The wind was blowing extremely hard after crossing the saddle and making the final push to the summit, I was a bit worried about hypothermia but managed to survive. :)

View attachment 81991
Thirsty

View attachment 81992
On top
She made it! Way to go Sheila!

That was long planned and trained for.

Happy Turkey Day from the Scatman Clan to all the BCP family! Scatwoman joined me on our annual hike up Ensign Peak today on Thanksgiving morning. A little snowy and windy this year. Normally, we would eat a small lunch while up top, but it was too cold this time, so after taking a few pictures we just headed back to the car. This hike officially ends my hiking/backpacking for the year, and after finishing off the season, for about the past twenty five years, I'll watch one of my favorite movies later tonight - Jeremiah Johnson. So whether you are spending time with family, friends or nature (maybe some combination of all three), I hope you all have a special day.

I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God, I was right. - Del Gue

On the top of Ensign Peak

Happy Turkey Day from the Scatman Clan to all the BCP family! Scatwoman joined me on our annual hike up Ensign Peak today on Thanksgiving morning. A little snowy and windy this year. Normally, we would eat a small lunch while up top, but it was too cold this time, so after taking a few pictures we just headed back to the car. This hike officially ends my hiking/backpacking for the year, and after finishing off the season, for about the past twenty five years, I'll watch one of my favorite movies later tonight - Jeremiah Johnson. So whether you are spending time with family, friends or nature (maybe some combination of all three), I hope you all have a special day.

I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God, I was right. - Del Gue

View attachment 85141
On the top of Ensign Peak
Love it! And this is the perfect Thanksgiving for that movie with all the snow we've gotten and are going to get.

I finally found some snow today!!!
So disappointed that everyone has snow and down here in Southern Utah is nothing.
My annual tradition is to go on a long hike to seek solitude. My husband passed away on Thanksgiving nine years ago, so I do not celebrate at all. Instead I seek solitude and enjoy mother nature.
This year's hike was an amazing experience. Most of the time I couldn't see much because I hiked in the clouds and fog. Every 5-10 minutes the fog lifted and I was rewarded with nice views. Not a bad way to spend Thanksgiving.

i-frmwkM6-XL.jpg

Finally had a reason to get out the snowshoes. Strapped them on the backpack and headed out on the local trail.

Lots of drifts on the saddle and on top.
That’s where the snow show shoes went on.

Views were not all that great but felt about right considering it was snowing.