Album The members of backcountrypost.com

I always hike in long pants and a long-sleeved shirt, which means no need for bug spray. I wear a hat and will wear a bug net if it's really bad. I also hate sunscreen.
We wouldn't know since there has never been a posted picture of you hiking AFAIK. Do you really hike? :cool:

(teasin'..)

Last edited:
Finally, someone calling me out for my attire. I have hiked in jeans and a flannel shirt forever. I hate sunscreen. I dislike being bothered by bugs. I'm cheap!!!
Nothing especially negative in my question, just wondering. How can you lift all that extra weight up those 3K' climbs and throw your leg up over your head on that figure-4 climbing move to make that ledge without a gusseted crotch or some loose flimsy nylon? :cool:

Nothing especially negative in my question, just wondering. How can you lift all that extra weight up those 3K' climbs and throw your leg up over your head on that figure-4 climbing move to make that ledge without a gusseted crotch or some loose flimsy nylon? :cool:
I have one pair of jeans that "fit". But they are terrible to hike in because they crimp my motion. So in recent years I have beat and scraped to death a couple pair that are older and roomier. They have gotten so ratty looking that I dug even deeper into the corner of my closet and found a couple pair from God knows how many decades and pounds ago, that were from pre adventure days. It was like I had new jeans! You will love this......in 1985....my first year as an employee in Glacier, I hiked over 600 miles mostly in sweatpants and flannel shirts. I am a hardcore blue moon weekend warrior. I wash Jeff's clothes and I feel like I am washing lingerie.

6ce7a769d5cca53751eeafe76846fb57.jpg

On top of Medicine Bow Peak Wyoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

introducing our granddaughter to some hiking in Maine ...
View attachment 67377
taking a break at Norse Pond on our way to Bog Cove ...
View attachment 67378
and sometimes hiking is rough business ...
View attachment 67379
but then sometimes you find really cool stuff at your destination ...
View attachment 67380
this bottle was sealed with a cork and wax and we could see some photos and other small things inside ... so we took it with us back to our rental house. Inside we found photos and "trinkets" from a pre-k class in Marblehead, Massachusetts! So Amelia is going to write them a letter and tell them that she found their "messages in a bottle".
This was a hot humid day ... not all that noticeable while at the beach/cove but we definitely felt it as we hiked back to our car ... Amelia was dragging about half way back & this was the result soon after leaving the trailhead ...
View attachment 67381

Amazing! Love her pack! I have a similar one haha.
I love the photo of her leaning on her trekking pole, I do the same darn thing.
What a precious thing, to find a message in a bottle! Sure she will remember it forever!

Stumbled across this one in a frame. One of the original Artitude pics...

Not-ultralight backpacking in to the south side of Denali some years ago. A place called Peter's Hills, AK. Circa 1987 on my second backpack there. Walked with my two flatland friends and brother from OH. I was the only fit one so am stuck carrying the garbage bag with the empty beer cans. I had to stop and wait every 10 minutes for them - luckily every step was on ripe low-bush blueberries that I could gorge on.

publishSmWr-2.jpg

Stumbled across this one in a frame. One of the original Artitude pics...

Not-ultralight backpacking in to the south side of Denali some years ago. A place called Peter's Hills, AK. Circa 1987 on my second backpack there. Walked with my two flatland friends and brother from OH. I was the only fit one so am stuck carrying the garbage bag with the empty beer cans. I had to stop and wait every 10 minutes for them - luckily every step was on ripe low-bush blueberries that I could gorge on.

View attachment 68800

Great picture. No difference between 1987 and now. :)

Gesendet vom iPhone mit Tapatalk