Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

scatman

@scatman ... I suspect the fire danger would be excessively hot if you were wearing one of your kilts. :D
Oh, no question about that @kwc. The wooden fire danger sign and Smokey would definitely have combusted upon touch - particularly if I had worn my new orange kilt. :)

I was thinking that @Rockskipper would have commented on the bota bag, but she has remained suspiciously quiet. :speechless: Hmm .......

scatman

"bota bag"- had to look that up! Are you now going to carry wine while hiking in your kilt @scatman ? What's the story about the bota Scatman bag?

I miss @Rockskipper - where is she?
Since quite a few of my backpacking trips are now backpack into a campsite and then do multiple day hikes from camp, I thought I might try carrying in a little wine to enjoy with my evening meals. So I searched for bota bags and found a guy who would engrave them. So I thought, "cool, let's give it a try."

@Rockskipper is a woman of mystery. :thinking: I need her sharp wit to inspire me for upcoming 2020 trips, and also keep my tomfoolery in line. :D

Nick

Spiral out.
@Dave working up a gourmet meal on day 8 on the Alsek River.

Me, @Dave and @Collin paddling around some bergs on Alsek Lake on Day 10 of our Tat-Alsek float.

Me in a place I shouldn't be in Alaska.

Audra, Sage and I at the high point of the Kelso Dunes in late December. Sage had just realized someone was coming up the hill.

Me after I stole a hat off a ranger in Mesa Verde in September.

Rockskipper

No ETA
Hey @scatman and @Titans thanks for thinking of me. I've been really busy and just finished doing a survey of tomfoolery and scaliwaggery in Yellowstone and am now at the big mainframe/supercomputer/big guns at MIT tallying the results - hours and hours of work. Will keep you posted, though I think we all know what's behind it. The park service hired me and are anxiously awaiting the results before the next season starts so they can take action. :cool:

ETA - getting prelim results and it seems to be concentrated around Ystone Lake most recently for some reason...

Last edited:

scatman

Hey @scatman and @Titans thanks for thinking of me. I've been really busy and just finished doing a survey of tomfoolery and scaliwaggery in Yellowstone and am now at the big mainframe/supercomputer/big guns at MIT tallying the results - hours and hours of work. Will keep you posted, though I think we all know what's behind it. The park service hired me and are anxiously awaiting the results before the next season starts so they can take action. :cool:

ETA - getting prelim results and it seems to be concentrated around Ystone Lake most recently for some reason...
Hey @Rockskipper, while you're in YNP would you please take care of the downfall on a few trails that I will be backpacking this summer please. First would be the Pebble Creek Trail, second would be the Cache Creek Trail, and finally, the trail to and around Heart Lake. Thanks, I really appreciate it. :D

scatman

Nice day @scatman . We sat outside all afternoon in the sun at the campfire drinking wine and beer, great to be outdoors.
What's that second photo title, "Orange moon over SLC?" :D
Something like that. It's a good thing my derriere wasn't pointed towards the city because I think there might have been a lot of ill folks if I had. :eek: