Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Stock, as in not modified? It seems weird seeing my picture on a backcountry permit, as I usually just go wherever whenever and now they're gonna be on the lookout cause they know what to look for. Maybe if I get a kilt...

Stock, as in not modified? It seems weird seeing my picture on a backcountry permit, as I usually just go wherever whenever and now they're gonna be on the lookout cause they know what to look for. Maybe if I get a kilt...
Stock, as in beast of burden. :)

A kilt would definitely do the trick, not sure there is room enough for two of us out there though. :D

Just wrapped up a beautiful trip to the Bob Marshall Wilderness w/ @travel2walk. The "plan" changed a couple times, but a phenomenal experience nonetheless.

@TheMountainRabbit deciding on our route (also our fate regarding climbing the wall):

575044ec910584155c8c6315

Yesterday morning, I went down to the farmers market in SLC, and purchased some peaches, apples, pears and a variety of squash. I also picked up a Carolina Reaper for 50 cents. I cut off about a sixth of it yesterday and ate it. This made my tongue sweat and my lips and tongue burn. Today, after a four mile walk with my wife, I cut off about a quarter of it and gave it a go. Along with the burning sensation of the tongue and lips, I began to hiccup uncontrollably. So the cutoff for the reaper is about a quarter of the pepper for me to begin hiccupping. It has taken about ten minutes for everything to die down, though my lips are still a bit warm. :hot:

03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

I ate a bite of one of those by accident one time and was ready to go to the ER. It fortunately died down enough that I was instead able to go home and simply wish I’d died.

The only way I can explain how someone could eat something like that is they are either made of steel or totally out of touch with the part of their brain that registers pain.

Gosh Scatman, you must be a glutton for punishment or have innards of steel. Now if I did this, I would have problems for days. More power to you.

I ate a bite of one of those by accident one time and was ready to go to the ER. It fortunately died down enough that I was instead able to go home and simply wish I’d died.

The only way I can explain how someone could eat something like that is they are either made of steel or totally out of touch with the part of their brain that registers pain.

It can lead to an ER or EMT visit. Once a friend of us ate a hot pepper (or hot pepper sauce) at a market place and about 15 min later he was feeling unwell, was completely pale, had pearls of sweat all over his face and suddenly he fainted, went down and I just caught him before his head hit the pavement.
We were not aware he ate the hot pepper, so it was scary! EMT was called in and they checked him out. They explained it’s a common reaction to very hot peppers.

If you have ever hiked with Scat....the out of touch with the pain recepters in his brain is very evident... long mileage days, steep stuff, deadfall, bogs, etc.