Album The Blue Hour

IntrepidXJ

ADVENTR
that is pretty slick!

I want that tripod still, or maybe even just the SLIK Sprint Pro... but am under a no purchase agreement with my wife at the moment.

So I am still using this tiny little thing that fits in my camera bag, but I still got this last week in the predawn hours- which are not THAT early during the late fall.
Death Hollow II Oct 20180540-sh-n-small_1.jpg

Which reminds me. Google photos seemed to have "degraded" the quality of photos that are uploaded, even more than before. Before it seemed that except in extremes that they were not really that bad.
This is one from there, which I upload here just because they take a few seconds to upload and I can get to it while traveling.

Anyone else seen the same with Google photos?

I use a Gitzo Mountaineer Series 1, which is only one pound heavier than the mentioned SLIK, with the Acratech GP-S ballhead. Its max support is 22 lbs. Granted, I've not backpacked with it where that pound may come into play, but for my dayhikes, and even long ones at that (15 miles) I've been quite happy.

You could always do the balance on a rock, bundle your trekking poles together, etc as well.

When the light doesn't happen shoot blue hour.
DSC03209.jpg

On the subject of tripods I switched to the Mefoto Road trip tripod and have been pretty happy with it. balance of stability, affordability, not nearly as lightweight though.

At least bring one of these!

103c61ac904c1a3487444bc83939e61f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DrNed Naturalist Basin: Blue Lake to Shaler Lake? Trip Planning 12
TractorDoc CVNP Blue Hen Falls and The Ledges 07/23/2023 Hiking & Camping 7
kwc Blue Mountain hike, Central Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 0
M DragonFly ond Blue eyed Moqui Princess Panels Trip Planning 23
kwc Blue Skies and Empty Slopes Winter Sports 1
NorthwestWanderer Route Finding adventure, Copper Pass to Blue Lake - Goats, Bears, Lions, Oh my! Backpacking 3
o2bav8 A little bit of everything & don't drive on blue clay when wet Hiking & Camping 18
stevecochranephotography Blue Lakes Trail... Southwest Colorado in the Mount Sneffels Wilderness Hiking & Camping 9
chandlerwest Super Blue Blood Moon Photography 7
AbinadiWitness Part 1: Telluride Via Ferrata and Mount Sneffels SW Ridge from Blue Lakes- Colorado Trip # 1 - 2017 Backpacking 0
regehr Family trip to Blue John Canyoneering 22
balzaccom Blue skies and green trees in the Sierra Nevada General Discussion 0
balzaccom Blue Lake Canyon, Emigrant Wilderness Hiking & Camping 1
D Blue Springs trailhead, little colorado river, via FS6140 Trip Planning 0
steve Blue John and Horseshoe Canyons Canyoneering 7
IntrepidXJ Blue Lakes Backpacking 10
Udink Dragonfly and Blue-Eyed Princess Hiking & Camping 8
steve Invite Blue John and Horseshoe Canyons this weekend April 18-20 Meet Up (Members Only) 9
Christian Slot Canyons in the Blue Mountains of Australia are AWESOME! General Discussion 2
IntrepidXJ Once in a Blue Moon | The Arizona Strip Hiking & Camping 18
wanderinfinn Three, Moonshine, and Blue John Canyons Canyoneering 9
Nick Blue John Canyon Canyoneering 6
uintahiker Goshute Cave and Blue Lake Trip Planning 5
Dave 48 Hour Intro to Alaksa Hiking & Camping 6