Survivorman Utah Episode Discussion

That's because you know I'm just enough of an a-hole to do it :roflmao:.

Can I keep my mustache? :D

- DAA

I know you could totally pull it off. The harder part would be restraining yourself from saying what you really feel. :D

You know I'm gonna say what I think. But can't you just bleep that out? Or make it like a Godzilla movie, where the words don't match my lips at all?

- DAA

Better yet!
Cast Godzilla. Or a person in a cheap Godzilla suit.
Survivorzilla.

Ive got to get back to work....

On the subject of the comparisons and analysis, well done, @Aldaron. It was fun getting out there and finding the exact spots too. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Les totally faked the episode and that they didn't try very hard not to leave a trace. I'm almost surprised they took the bike with them from the first shelter by the road. I mean really, how hard would it have been to toss all those logs and rocks around. 9 years later, when we showed up, it probably would have been completely restored. I just hope this is not how all of his episodes are filmed. Hopefully we'll get a response or something eventually.

I'm working on my photos from the trip and I'll post a usual trip report and probably throw in some screen comparisons for my memory's sake. Hopefully within a few days.

For me, I just enjoyed finding all of these places. I've been periodically trying to figure it out for 8 years, so it was nice to finally find them. I never expected to find the exact, specific places where the episode was filmed, along with evidence of the episode...at least 9 years after the show was filmed. That was crazy.

And I think my best friend said it best: "So, when are you going to start trying to find the location of another episode?"

I added a little bit to the site, most notably a video on the camp one page showing a car driving down the road while we're at camp one.

Did it load okay on your side? I've been having to refresh to get it to load on my side sometimes. Maybe I should embed it from Youtube, or something.

i had a tough time finding the link to the video (still looking for it)

EDIT: found it. I also had to update a plugin. Great job on the photos and video!

Just an idea, but I think if you had some pictures on the first page, you'd draw your readers in more. i didn't realize there were tabs along the top until my 3rd visit.

Last edited:
Holy crap. I just had the most horrible experience trying to remove the audio and get the video out in HD. But it's done, I think.

Just an idea, but I think if you had some pictures on the first page, you'd draw your readers in more. i didn't realize there were tabs along the top until my 3rd visit.

Did you see the links in the text of the first page? They all link to the picture pages.

I actually don't think iWeb will let me make the page any longer, oddly enough.

I think sixstring is onto something there. If it were me, I'd just do it all in-line like a trip report. But that's just me. iWeb blows.

Yeah, but I'm fed up with it right now. I'm not trying to win a pulitzer or anything. We're not even getting any discussion about it here.

I don't think lack of discussion means anything bad. In my opinion, there really isn't much left to discuss. It's all pretty clear. Not much left to speculate. That's a reflection of the comprehensive, high quality of work. :)

I appreciate the suggestion. I added pointers in the text of the analysis to the links in case people miss them.

I also appreciate @DAA spreading the word! The site's getting hits from all over the place!

fantastic work. I don't know how I missed the links at the top the first 2 times, but I appreciate the dummy notes for me. :D

No, you're right...they're a little hard to catch since they scroll with the page. And Nick's right, too: iWeb ain't the best thing in the world, but it beats the heck out of hand-coding, and I'm not exactly someone who needs to go out and spend money on good software!

I've just been beating my head against the wall trying to fix the video thing for absolutely no good reason other than I'm obsessive-compulsive, and so I'm worn out right now.

I'll see if I can quickly change the theme to make the links more noticeable.