Survivorman Utah Episode Discussion

Aldaron

Here it is:

http://outsidebynature.com/main/les-stroud-fake/

There is a LOT of analysis, and I'm not sure that anyone will want to read all of it. I debated what was the best way to present the information, and while I think a video would likely be the best mechanism, you don't want to hear my southern accent in a video, so I figured this would do the job.

Feedback is welcome.

I've tried hard not to draw any conclusions...I don't know if that detracts from what we found or if it makes it more interesting for everyone else to evaluate it for himself or herself.

I hope it's at least somewhat interesting!

Last edited:
Very nice! Great work you guys! Now if you could just use your magic to get him to confess.

You can probably skip the long analysis write-up and just look at the map and pictures. I'm still toying over whether or not to include the analysis. It may not survive the day if everyone thinks it's too much.

Maybe I'll just pose a list of questions instead of the analysis to point out things to look for.

I won't have time to go over it all until later this evening. Would not mind having it all there! Mind leaving it overnight, anyway?

- DAA

Wow! I've sat here and read through all 8 something pages on both threads here and the the analysis pages and photos. When it comes to the outdoors Sherlock Homes hasn't got a thing on @Aldaron or @Nick. If it means anything to you, I'd suggest leaving all the analysis - to me its evidence of your research on the topic.

Okay, I lied - didn't wait till later, just read it all. I wouldn't take any of it out, it only takes a few minutes to go through it all carefully.

I might even add one thing. In the possible explanations section, you left out the most obvious one and the first one that popped into my head when this all started. That being simply, it's TV, so it's bullshit. Further, it's "reality" TV, so it's TOTAL bullshit.

I guess it probably reflects poorly on me, that I'm such a cynical SOB. But, honestly, my opinion hasn't been changed at all. It's no worse than before, nothing here surprises me or makes me think less of the show.

I'm TOTALLY impressed with you guys ability to find all the locations the way you did though. Way impressed!

- DAA

we could cut to the scene of him saying "there's no water for miles", then film the same scene and rotate the camera to show water right behind him (or whatever). You definitely need to post the pictures of the "traces" he left while "leaving no trace."

Reactions: DAA
I might even add one thing. In the possible explanations section, you left out the most obvious one and the first one that popped into my head when this all started. That being simply, it's TV, so it's bullshit. Further, it's "reality" TV, so it's TOTAL bullshit.
Ask and ye shall receive. I added a thought about that at the bottom of the analysis.

I'm no expert cinematographer, but I'd be happy to do the filming and editing if nobody else wants to. We'd need to get a rough storyboard/plan together, but it sounds like you two have the sequence of events dialed.

We just need someone who wants to play survivorman. I'm okay with filming and editing too, but no way am I going to get in front of the camera and act all dramatic like that! I couldn't hold a straight face. :roflmao:

Totally! Man, I've got pro sound equipment and everything. We could do it up nice. That would be fun, although very time consuming.

Or you could place a real character, say like Hunter S. Thompson (so he is dead, so much the better) in the episode. Hunter S. as Survivorman! He could have a custom backpack for his "survival meds", using the empty pill bottles for clever things, a solar powered blender for margaritas, he could "discover" some peyote, wander about surviving, shooting up the landscape.

Or just dress someone up in a clown suit, which might be more fitting. Digitizing in a porta-potty near his campsite could work too.

Or how about evening wear? He could where a cocktail gown and heels. What could the high heels be used for? They would come in handy I bet.

Sorry, but the possibilities on this are endless.......