Album Sunsets

another Grand Canyon sunset

i-sLbGWF7-XL.jpg

Being Honest, I was falling asleep as the sun was setting most nights of my Yellowstone/Teton trip. The sky was usually overcast and gray anyway. . . except for this night while at the Signal Mountain area. Just as the sun was going down a storm rolled in from the South -- it would later produce quite a few lighting strikes over Mount Moran.

5J5A1677A.JPG

Being Honest, I was falling asleep as the sun was setting most nights of my Yellowstone/Teton trip. The sky was usually overcast and gray anyway. . . except for this night while at the Signal Mountain area. Just as the sun was going down a storm rolled in from the South -- it would later produce quite a few lighting strikes over Mount Moran.

View attachment 82749

nice!! I've never been to the Tetons
I was actually pretty lucky and had good sunsets in Yellowstone most of the time. Usually on the long drive back to my campground, so I usually stopped somewhere

nice!! I've never been to the Tetons
I was actually pretty lucky and had good sunsets in Yellowstone most of the time. Usually on the long drive back to my campground, so I usually stopped somewhere

Thanks Yvonne. As much time as you spend in Yellowstone you simply must take the couple hour drive South to GTNP. With your talent you'd come back with some amazing photographs! I've always had more luck seeing Moose in the Tetons vs. Yellowstone too. . . if you like moose anyway.
I used your Yellowstone trip reports for a bit of sunset inspiration (even stalked a few areas at Mammoth's terraces) but the atmosphere did not cooperate. This was the second night in the Tetons. . . a quick cell phone pic as I was too tired/lazy to drag out the big camera.

TetonSunset.jpg

Thanks Yvonne. As much time as you spend in Yellowstone you simply must take the couple hour drive South to GTNP.

I finally convinced my wife of this last summer. I can't believe she had lived in Montana for this long and never taken the extra drive from Yellowstone to the Tetons.

fe377387d1aee6d0d69d185260e92131.jpg

This one is not US (although it looks like it could be) but I’ve seen Trip Reports from other countries so thought I’d add it (are non US photos allowed?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think anything is allowed. Where is that? I've seen beautiful desert pics from Algeria, Morocco, and Libya. Ever been there?

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Thanks. Not been to any of those. This is Namibia.
Flying over on Thursday & meeting Paul a week later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk