Album Sunsets

Okay, last one from that sunset and then I'm really going to try to delete some photos...

Crappy picture, awesome sunset.

IMG_1035.jpg

I thought I'd put my first post here...
This was one of the best sunset I've ever witnessed. Hiking through the low hanging clouds and spitting rain was worth it. The clouds broke at just the last minute. At Cecret Lake (Little Cottonwood Canyon).
20120705-Cecret Lake-1.jpg

This was one of the best sunset I've ever witnessed. Hiking through the low hanging clouds and spitting rain was worth it. The clouds broke at just the last minute. At Cecret Lake (Little Cottonwood Canyon).
awesome :twothumbs:

I thought I'd put my first post here...

Awesome! And welcome to backcountrypost! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)

after the rain, kind of a sunset and a bit of fog.

sunset-fog-M.jpg

09-10-12 - Wellsville's Sunset from Benson Marina, Cache Valley, UT

These are shots I took while trying to do a timelapse of the sunset (video to come, huge learning curve for me).
Ok, here is the video. I tried to do a bunch more to remove the flicker, but it came out worse... Oh, I forgot to mention. I first started shooting this my locking my shutter down. The camera took off shooting way too many shots/sec. Then it slowed down a bit as the speed of the memory card couldn't keep up. After about 5 mins it just stopped (probably reached the cards limit). So I started it back up (this is where the video jumps a bit). Then a bit later I stopped it and just manually clicked each photo at about 5 second intervals (this is where the video speeds up). Anyway, I shot about 440 photos in about 20 mins (used just over 400 of them). I've since learned how to use the interval timer on my camera! Next time should be lots better. Too bad I didn't learn all this prior to going out as this nights sunset was a good one. Anyway, here's the vid:

The sunset started of a golden orange
DSC_3998.jpg

...and then turned to a nice red/pink!!
DSC_4045.jpg

I0000T3f1AsInGc0.jpg

Above Las Vegas on Lake Meade. Actually about an hour after sunset.

...the vertical light of The Luxor in the background?

Gesendet von meinem ViperXed HOX |2.7.1| mit Tapatalk 2

A quick shot of the second sunset tonight, as seen along the Madison River in Yellowstone. I can't process photos very well on Audra's laptop so I'm not sharing much, but I'll say this. Last night's sunset was 10x better and this sunset I was distracted between the sunset and watching two big bull elk kick eachother's asses. It's been a very productive trip so far. Tomorrow: Lamar Valley. :)

yellowsu.jpg

...fantastic! :)

Gesendet von meinem ViperXed HOX |2.7.1| mit Tapatalk 2