Album Strange Things

A couple of weeks ago (November) I had a visitor on my balcony - similar like this little creature.

View attachment 37448

I saw him, better I heard him, many times before during his up-climb at the houses wall. Very quick, he was - no chance to photograph him.
He constructed his winter nest in a old flowerpot wich was stored on a locker at the balcony. I discovered the nest a couple of days later. His

View attachment 37449

Material: Flowers, moss and two micro fiber clothes.

View attachment 37450

I removed the traces of his battlefield.
Three weeks later he was back - Bob the builder. Materials: herbs and a shopping bag.

View attachment 37451

It's to hot for the animals at this time of the year. They can't get theirs winter sleep.
What is his name?

@Artemus, this is a european squirrel. German name Eichhörnchen, in latin Sciurus vulgaris.
We also have here in our park somtimes the north amercian squirrel - bad for the habitat of the european squirrel. They have the color of grey/brownish and more body mass.

@Artemus, this is a european squirrel. German name Eichhörnchen, in latin Sciurus vulgaris.
We also have here in our park somtimes the north amercian squirrel - bad for the habitat of the european squirrel. They have the color of grey/brownish and more body mass.
That Eichhornchen is a hoot! Are the NA squirrels invasive? Did man bring them in?

Yep! :)
It's a lot of fu to observe these little creatures. The NA squirrels are invasive, but they live in here own habitat - mostly.
Approx. 1.5 centuries ago, the Britains to import them in their country.

Haha ..... figured you'd chime in...... let's see who knows who it is..... :) very important person for exploring the west..
Jedediah Smith...err... Andrew Henry...missed the hint, pstm13

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
Wow, that's really huge.
2 ft in diameter?
Thanks for sharing &Artemus. :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

…nice perspective.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Halloween Party at my local java joint. I had to crop out a 5 year old holding the jack-o-lantern. She was transfixed by this strange creature.
DSC_0142 (1).jpg

Last edited: