Shamans Gallery

If the hike take 3-4hours do you think it could be possible to hike to Shamans gallery and also drive to Toroweap overlook in the same day ?

Easily. In, my opinion. In fact, I did drive from Toroweap the day I hiked Shamans, and then took the long scenic route from Shamans to SB Point all in one day.

- DAA

I'll have to stick my input in here - I've traveled this road in early spring where it was nearly impassable in my Tacoma. We''re talking deep mud bogs 100-200 feet long - requiring 4-lo plus lockers. It's almost certainly easy when dry - when wet, it's completely different.
my guess in the wetness/mud difference is that in early spring those puddles were from snow melt, so the ground was saturated as things melted in place. a very different kind of wet from rain.

what an amazing panel. thanks for being so obsessed about all of this wonderful art & making the effort to share it with us all. truly amazing stuff.

My Son and I hiked down to the panel and back up in about 85-90* temps. Coming back up was a little bit hard on my old bad out of (never was in) shape self, but not really all that tough. We had people sitting waiting for us back at the trail head so pushed it a little bit and did the whole thing round trip, including all the picture takeing in under 3 hours.

It was dry when we went and I think I could have driven a Lincoln Town Car to the trail head without much issue - seriously.

- DAA

I'm sorry, but this is BAD advise. Do not try to drive a Towncar to this trailhead. Maybe it has changed since them but a passenger car will have difficulties getting there. I've seen a car being towed out of there and wondered how much that had to cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will add my congrats to the post. Shaman's Panel is one of my favorite panels ever. Probably the hike to Moonhouse is the only indian ruin/rock art site I would consider better. M

Awesome place
Wade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD